Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Six Month Keto Update



It has been a solid six months since I began my ketogenic diet and all I can say is - Wow!

I cannot believe how much better I feel.  I have more energy than I ever thought I would.  Obviously!  Have you seen our house lately?!  I'm getting stuff done!


In the past six months I've only had one migraine.  It lasted about three days, the first day being the worst and I actually went home from work that day, because it was a doozey with all the auras, numbness, light sensitivity, the works.  But I was back to work the next day and fully functioning and it was manageable.  The day after that it was hardly noticeable and then the next day it was gone.  So by my standards, a typical migraine.


I don't have near the aches and pains I used to.  Soreness and stiffness are usually the result of hard work, not just the everyday annoyance.  That I can appreciate.  I also notice I seem to recover from it faster and I don't even feel like I need to take any aspirin or anything for those aches and pains.  Instead I enjoy them, because I know I've earned them for good reasons.

Meal prepping works great!

I'm enjoying my meals and the challenge of trying to make them interesting.  Some people are fine eating the same things on a regular basis.  I am not one of those people.  I like variety.  I meal plan and continue to cook for my girls.  Most of the time I can make a meal that suits all of us.  But, sometimes I end up making two completely different meals.


So, I'm feeling good, doing well and plan to keep on trucking.  I'm so grateful that a simple diet change has had such a significant impact on my life.  I truly feel like I have my life back.


8 comments:

  1. I can eat the same thing forever if I like it. I might take a one day break and eat the thing for lunches and dinners with little variety and then move on to next meal. And, I have no one to please but me. I wonder if this would help me. There are a few foods I will not give up. I already have given up lots because of allergies. I am going to look into this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I truly believe this is the best eating style for almost everyone... it's just so hard for me to maintain. I do love my carb's. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's wonderful that you are feeling better.

    Take care, Janie

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful to hear that! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...