Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Christmas Came Early!



We have a coffee bar setup at work even though the company provides coffee and tea service for us.  The coffee bar has a variety of more expensive fresh ground coffee as well as a Keurig and a HUGE variety of K cups.  We all contribute to keep it stocked and whenever I see things on sale I pick things up or if we can get coffee bricks on sale on Amazon we'll pool our money and I place an order.  We've been doing this for years.

I've often thought it would be really nice to have a single serve coffeemaker at home for those occasions where a fresh brewed cup of coffee would be nice to have.  This is totally a want for me and a luxury I item I can certainly live without, but fun to have nonetheless.


Last week I was at the store with the girls and I started looking at them.  Again.  No way was I interested in shelling out the money for a Keurig right now, plus they are kind of big and my kitchen is kind of small.  We looked at the tiny ones and I wasn't overly impressed with the quality of the ones they had although the price of $19.99 was certainly more appealing than $169.99.  But they did have one that seemed to fit all of my requirements.  It was sturdy, a brand I know well, Farberware, and not too large.  And only $35.  It came with a filter basket so I can use regular grounds or K cups with it as well as it makes various size drinks from espresso cups to large travel mugs.  Hmmmm, not too shabby.

My youngest daughter picked the box up off the shelf and told me I was getting it.  My oldest chimed right in and told me it was a good one and to go ahead and buy it.  Seriously?  I really didn't their need help to buy something I don't need.  But I sure got it.  They stated their case and it ended up coming home with me.


I love this thing!  I haven't had any buyer's remorse about it either.  Totally a luxury item and I love that I can have a fresh brewed cup of coffee, plain or flavored, anytime I want.  It looks nice, it doesn't take up much space and it brews a nice cup of coffee.  I think I will use it often enough to justify the expense as well as the real estate it takes up on my counter.

I find K cups on clearance and on sale a lot so it won't be overly expensive to keep some on hand and use.  And again, I can use my own grounds in the little filter basket.  So there you go.  I have a nonessential appliance sitting on my counter for the sheer reason that I simply wanted it.  How about that?



10 comments:

  1. I think you’ll really enjoy this! I certainly do like mine (different brand). I do keep a few K cups on hand for emergencies, but mostly we refill/reuse single use refillable cups. I got them on Amazon. They work great. My biggest gripe with the K cups, besides price, is that they’re not recyclable. Last year, I brought home quite a few of the cups I used and we turned them into the cutest Christmas ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be my gripe as well. Now you have me curious about your ornaments.

      Delete
    2. Search Pinterest for crafts with K cups. I did a snowman’s hat that used the K cup and a used canning jar lid. We spray painted them black, glued together, and added embellishment. Have fun.

      Delete
    3. That is a really good idea. Thank you Chris!

      Delete
  2. Good for you! We recently got a coffee pot that makes both a carafe and a single. I make myself a single first thing in the morning for a much needed fast caffeine fix and then make a carafe for when hubby gets up and I am ready for a second cup. I think it is lovely your daughters encouraged you to buy it too. Teddie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit I am really enjoying it Teddie. Nice to have a fresh brewed coffee whenever the mood strikes. :)

      Delete
  3. I use the refillable cups and have 6 different types of coffee right now. The Keurig is my go to appliance used multi times a day both for coffee and for hot water for tea bags.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm proud of you! Sometimes it's nice to have a non essential item that makes life easier. I stacked coupons and gift cards with a sale at Fred Meyer,a few weeks ago, and splurged on a second Instant Pot. I'm justifying my purchase, because the new Instant Pot will multi task as a rice cooker and slow cooker,as well as a pressure cooker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are talking to a woman with three slow cookers (4 if you count the one in my motorhome) so I totally get where you are coming from. Good for you. Enjoy!

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...