Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Holiday Treats



Sunday morning the girls and I baked up three batches of our favorite cookies and I made a batch of chocolate fudge.

We always think we are going to make far more than what we actually do.


This year the bulk of our gift giving is the fudge we have been making.  I love fudge so getting it made and sent off is a really good idea so I avoid too much temptation.  We've wrapped up quite a bit of fudge as teacher gifts.


My girls love the chewy gingersnap cookies and we make them every year.


I try to do something different each year as well.  These chocolate mint cookies taste a lot like a Thin Mint girl scout cookie.


I still have some more things planned for the upcoming weekend including some toffee and I think the girls want to dip some pretzels in white chocolate.


I need to make up a recipe I found for Keto shortbread cookies and maybe some Keto peanut butter cookies.  That way I have something sweet to enjoy.

What are you baking up this year?


6 comments:

  1. I started my fruitcake in the beginning of November--I feed it with rum regularly until we eat it. My recipe yields two cakes, but we kept them both, since I know we love it, but you can never be sure of others' feelings about fruitcake. I have also baked peanut blossoms, coconut chocolate chip macaroons, and Christmas tree shaped pull apart bread, both Nutella and raspberry cream cheese. I have made a batch of fudge, and two batches of homemade peanut butter cups. I am going to either bake cheesecakes for gifts, or make beeswax candles. I think my friends would appreciate the candles more, (no calories) but it's more work than the cheesecake, actually, and I am loaded with cream cheese purchased at $0.89/brick. We shall see how I feel as the weekend nears. Only one DD is talking like she wants to bring gifts in to school on Friday, so I might help her bake a few things. As for the others, two weekends ago I bought three boxes of candy canes at $0.79/dozen in the event they change their minds.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have been busy! You put me to shame, ha, ha. I wish I could have a bite of your fruitcake. Enjoy your Christmas Meg.

      Delete
    2. I shouldn't put you to shame--I do not work outside the home like you do. My time is a bit more flexible than yours. I love your blog, by the way. You are quite the inspiration.

      Delete
  2. Your cookies look delicious! I'm a sucker for anything mint chocolate flavored :) I baked some last week too and will do the rest of my baking on Friday. I found a good deal on Pure Almond Extract (16 oz for $12.xx) at Sams, so I got 2 bottles as this is a limited edition size. DH loves my almond coconut cookies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like mint chocolate too. I bet the almond coconut cookies are good, they sound wonderful. Merry Christmas.

      Delete
  3. I have found that food gifts are always appreciated. I have enjoyed following your blog and have been inspired by you and your girls. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...