Friday, April 19, 2019

Easter Dinner



Before I left for Phoenix last Saturday I popped into Albertsons for a ham.  They were on sale for 99¢ a pound and I know that we will not only have a wonderful dinner on Easter with that ham, but several other meals as well.  And since there is a nice bone in this ham that means there will likely be a nice soup in our future as well.


A traditional Easter meal is what we are all about and that is exactly what we have planned.  We are all going to be home that day, not an easy accomplishment lately, and as usual we will have our dinner at mid-afternoon.  I plan to set a nice table with our heirloom china, silver and crystal as well as the lace tablecloth my great grandmother hand crocheted for my grandmother many, many years ago.

Baked Ham

Baked Macaroni & Cheese

Sautéed Green Beans

Fruit Salad

Deviled Eggs

Olives & Pickles

Strawberry Shortcake

Very simple, but also very tasty.  What is on your menu plan this year?  Do you do up a big spread for Easter?  His ham your traditional go-to for dinner?

I wish you all a very Happy Easter!


6 comments:

  1. I'm going to my parent's house and yes, we have ham too! Nothing big planned though, it's just the three of us this year :(

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it will be lovely nonetheless. Three can still be a party! Happy Easter Tania :)

      Delete
  2. Easter is gonna be a little weird here. Everyone but me vetoed ham. So I tool a poll. They want Bo Ssam (Korean slow-roasted pork shoulder), steamed bao buns, mashed cauliflower, and fruited sugar-free jello. Seriously. Of course I'll make whatever they want. But can I have MY dinner at YOUR house? I like your menu much better! :^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your dinner sounds good too! And of course you can come over here. Ha, ha! :)

      Delete
  3. No one really loves ham at my house, so we instead had chicken kabobs with rice. My husband cooked, so I was thrilled. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...