Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Freezer Progress & A Quick Meal Prep



I think I am making some progress on my freezer project.  I think.  I hope.  We shall see.

I got this steak for half price!  Under $2!

I did a super quick meal prep Sunday for the week ahead and most of it involved pulling items out of the freezer to use up.  Yes!


I pulled out a container of beanless chili, a container of stewed and shredded pork, a container of refried beans, a couple packages of grated cheese, a round steak and a package of bratwurst patties.  That made a little bit of space open up in the kitchen freezer.

This shelf was completely jamb packed

I hard boiled half a dozen eggs and made egg salad.


I sliced up an onion, a green bell pepper and the steak to make fajitas.

This one was stuffed full as well

The girls have beans and pork to make burritos and I made a big green salad to go as a side dish.  I also have some asparagus to steam and a veggie tray that was left behind by one of my friends over the weekend.  We have loads of produce to eat this week!


We have plenty of eggs and cheese for omelets, egg scrambles or breakfast burritos.  My youngest daughter cooked up the bratwurst patties for Sunday brunch and there was one leftover for my lunch on Monday.

If you are looking for a low carb tortilla
you can actually stand to eat give these a try
I made the fajitas for Sunday dinner and there were plenty of leftovers for another meal and lunches.


The freezer in the garage is still pretty full, but I think I'm making some progress there too.  My youngest ate some ice cream and I took out a loaf of bread!

The veggie tray that was left at our house - Yum!

I'll keep at it and eventually should get it down enough to take most of what is in the garage and transfer it to the kitchen.  Then I can unplug that chest freezer and shove it out onto the driveway to let her defrost.  One warm sunny day will make short work of that project this summer.


Other than Jeanne, anyone else tackling a big freezer defrost project this year?



4 comments:

  1. I don't have much in my freezer beyond non keto foods I need to give away...thanks for the heads up on those tortilla shells...would love a keto quesadilla without all the work..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They make really good quesadillas, tacos, breakfast burritos. You name it. I'm so glad I stumbled across these.

      Delete
  2. Now I understand what is happening. I logged onto my website this morning and the hits from your site were out of the roof. What crazy thing did I possibly say to stir up so much traffic? It seems you graciously linked to my site in reference to my freezer defrosting debacle yet when people arrive they will see me chasing fiberglass turkeys.

    I am not as brave as you my friend. I refuse to post pictures of the filthy horrors in my basement. The health department might send a swat team to my house.

    Jeannie@GetMetoTheCountry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOLOL If the SWAT team shows up put them to work! Then send them my way! :0)

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...