Thursday, April 18, 2019

I Ran Away From Home



This mama needed a little break so I hopped a plane last Saturday morning and headed to Phoenix for some fun in the sun and time spent with friends and family I hadn't seen for a while.  About six weeks ago I booked a round trip ticket for $104, which I thought was a fantastic buy.  Nonstop from Boise to Phoenix.  I was up not so bright and very early to walk the short distance from where I live to our airport.


It was so nice and quiet that morning and my prayers had been answered.  No rain.  Everything I needed to take with me fit inside a backpack and a small overnight bag.  I put on my backpack, stuck the bag on me with the strap crosswise and off I went.  There was absolutely no traffic out so I literally walked down the middle of our street as I headed out of our subdivision, simply because I could.


After checking in at the American Airlines kiosk I breezed through security and before I knew it we were taking off.  It was the first time I'd traveled on my own, completely by myself, in so long, it felt a little weird.  But I liked it!


My first night there I was treated to steak and lobster for dinner.  It was really good!  Throughout the next four days I visited with my friends, relaxed, ate well, had a few beers, talked, laughed and before I knew it, it was Wednesday morning and time to head back to Boise.  I wished everyone farewell, for now, and headed back to the airport.

Blue skies and in the 80s

By the time my plane touched down I was ready to get back to it.  I missed my girls, my kitties and my chickens.  I missed my silly little routines, cleaning my house, doing laundry and drinking my own coffee.  When I walked through the door on Wednesday afternoon I was very happy to be home once again and felt ready to get back to it.  Good thing too, because I only had about an hour to myself before the rat race began again.

This little stinker really missed me

Taking a break and getting away for a short time was just what I needed to refuel my tanks and get myself re-energized.



10 comments:

  1. Good for you!!!! We all need a break from time to time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you were able to get away for a short period of time! that is wonderful. You are so busy and I know you needed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really forced me to unplug, decompress and relax. I needed it.

      Delete
  3. Wow, that is a fantastic buy for an airplane ticket. I did wonder if something happened - but I agree, we all need a break every so often. Glad you had a nice time. It's always fun to go but great to be home again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. This mama really needed some time out. I came back refreshed and ready for the next round. :)

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...