Thursday, September 12, 2019

Dressing Up The House For Fall



September first is my official date to start moving into Fall.  By that time school has started and summer is beginning to wane.  I'm ready for a change and that means I get eager to pull that dark orange box off the shelf in our garage and start decorating our home with all the goodies that are tucked inside.

I picked these up this year at Dollar Tree

Each year I treat myself to a few new items, but not too many as I don't want things to get out of hand.  I also try to purge items that are worn out or no longer fit my decor as well as pass along some items to those I know will use and enjoy them.


This year I purchased two new glass pumpkins from Dollar Tree to decorate our main bathroom and then I made those wood pumpkins I told you about yesterday using items I already had around the house.  Not much spent this year to decorate inside our home for fall.

On my kitchen windowsill

Outside I decorated our front porch.  This is another space I really enjoy sprucing up for the holidays as well as in spring and summer.  By this time the flower pots are looking a bit bedraggled so it is the time to pull out a few things and add some fresh flowers and my fall picks.



I switch out my welcome signs, move the red star and hang up the fall wreath.  I love the warmth that fall colors add to our front porch and it makes for a very nice greeting each day when I come home from work.

Our fireplace is the focal point of our living room

I added the pumpkins back to my truck

My favorite fall decor items are my candles and once the weather cools I'll be lighting them and enjoying the spicy scents and their warm glow.  I absolutely love candles and burn them quite often throughout the fall and winter months.

These pumpkins were my purchase last year at
Bed Bath & Beyond for 50% OFF

I will leave these decorations up through the Thanksgiving holiday adding in some Halloween items next month.  As per my usual I keep it pretty simple and basic.  Not too much stuff to make it feel cluttered, but enough to make it warm and cozy.

Even our downstairs bathroom gets a touch of fall decor

I love switching out my soaps for fall colors and scents

Do you decorate for fall?  What is your favorite thing to decorate with?



4 comments:

  1. It is still way to hot here to think about fall decorating since our temps are hovering between 93 and 97. I usually wait until mid October to really start anything remotely fallish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We already have a chill in the air and leaves falling off the trees. I think winter may be coming early this year.

      Delete
  2. I live within a few miles of Anne, so Fall decorating or dressing is not on my mind at all. Since my orange box of decorations were stolen when my house was ransacked, there will be nothing out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who ransacks someone's home and steals their decor?! I'm so sorry to hear about this.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...