Thursday, September 26, 2019

My Grocery Budget 2019 - September Update



You may have noticed I did not post a grocery update for August.  I was so stinking busy with home improvement projects that I totally let this slide.  Not the best move on my part as I really do not know how much was spent on groceries last month and that is not a comfortable feeling.  Nonetheless I endeavored to do better this month and I made sure to track my spending.  I feel really good about that!


My focus the last two months has been to refill the freezer I cleaned out in July.  While I really love a spiffy clean deep freezer I don't love it empty, especially with winter approaching so I got busy and picked up quite a bit of meat on sale and markdown.  I also used my rewards points at Albertson's to knock an additional $7 OFF one of those shopping trips.  Yay!



My nonfood purchases consisted of a case of toilet paper and a four pack of tissues on sale.  I picked up some canned cat food too.  I stocked up on dry cat food for the winter and used a $10 OFF coupon for that purchase.  I haven't spent much on non food items this year so I didn't mind going over my $25 a month budget this time.  Total spent $47.45.


Here is the food I bought this month: 


$258.71 ÷ 30 days ÷3 people = $2.87 per person per day!

Before

After

I am super excited about how much I was able to get for so little.  And now, we are heading into winter well stocked and well supplied.  Huge load off of my shoulders!

A very full freezer!  Yay!

What super buys did you come across at the stores this month?  Have you started stocking up for winter yet?


This budget month runs from September 1 through September 30



4 comments:

  1. Our local store had an excellent sale on whole sirloin tip roasts, cut free, so I have a freezer full of them. Whole boneless pork loin was $0.99/lb, and even though it's not our favorite, we have some in the freezer. Also, boneless skinless chicken breast was $1.29/lb when you buy 10 pounds, so I bought 10 pounds, even though my family complains we are going to grow pin feathers.
    Yesterday, the same store had its caseload sale. It was underwhelming compared to previous years, but I bought a caseload of flour, ($1.62/5lb bag), a case of green beans, a case of powdered sugar, and a case of dill pickles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Pin feathers? That is so funny. I'm going to start working on a few items for Christmas baking and holiday meals, but for the most part I feel like we've got a really good stock of groceries now. Feels so nice.

      You got some really great deals! :)

      Delete
  2. No I am not stocked for winter, but I am getting inspired! Your freezer looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think this is the fastest I've ever stocked up for winter. :0)

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...