Thursday, July 21, 2022

More FREE Gravel… Or Was It?

 


A few weeks ago, over 4th of July weekend, another huge pile of gravel came up for FREE on Facebook Marketplace.  I knew it was enough to finish up what I needed for the front yard so the girl and I headed off with our shovels to the town next to us and picked up a load.  However, on the way home I got pulled over by a sheriff's deputy because someone had reported a concern that we were stealing this gravel.  Once I showed him on my phone the conversation with the owner of said gravel he was totally fine.  Super nice and I told him I was just impressed somebody cared.  When I got home I contacted the lady I was getting the gravel from and we had a good laugh.  I told her I'd contact her for bail money when I went for the next load.  She said she had my back!

 

Before

After!

Super funny situation, really nice deputy (cute too!) and it gave me an opportunity to thank him for his service to our community.  Being a cop is tough work.  It also opened up a great dialog with my daughter on how to properly behave when you are pulled over by the police.  Just be nice to them, cooperate and you're good to go!  Don't act like a jerk.  Be respectful.  I think I did a good job setting the proper example too.

 

I know gravel isn't to everyone's liking, but for me this is the perfect solution

My goal was to unload the gravel under where I have the clotheslines so when I drop stuff, which I do (a lot), it wouldn't get all muddy and dirty.  I was also able to connect to the gravel and pavers in front of our deck steps.  I started spreading it fairly thick and made it all the way to the pond.  I was super happy with how it looks too.

 

Thanks in no small part to my feline supervisor things look great!

The next day I went and picked up another load with no incidents this time.  I finished up around the pond and filled in all the way to where the grass ends, officially finishing the front yard landscaping project!  Whoo hooooo! And since I didn't have to post bail or anything, yes, this gravel was FREE.  

 

Hmmm.  What do you suppose is going on here?

But wait, there's more.  Of course there is more.  Right here next to the front porch I have plans.  However, you're going to wait to see what those plans are.  I'm just wicked, aren't I?!  No worries.  I promise you won't have to wait too long. 😉

 

 

6 comments:

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...