Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Small Home Improvement Project - The 2nd Bedroom - Demo!

 


I got the bulk of the landscaping project completed just in time for the triple digit heat to hit.  Not to worry because I had another project in mind for when that happened and everything lined up perfectly as my daughter moved out leaving her old bedroom was desperately in need of some love and attention.

 


If you have been following me along you know I've been going through my entire home room by room over the past few years updating and refreshing those spaces.  So far I have completely redone done our living room, dining room, kitchen, the entry way, the hallway and our stairs and landing as well as our downstairs bedroom.  Upstairs I redid the master bedroom, main bathroom, linen closet and the upstairs hallway.  I even did the garage.  My daughter has had zero interest in redoing her room so I have been patiently waiting and a week after she moved out I got busy, with her blessing too.

 


I plan to redo this room much the same as I did the other two bedrooms so the first thing I did was remove the old worn out carpeting, all of the padding as well as the tack strips along the edge of the floor.  Next I removed the trim from the perimeter of the walls.  After pulling out all of the staples left from the carpet pad I used my scraper and scraped the entire floor to remove the loads of splattered drywall mud left behind by the contractors.  I really do not like that they leave this stuff behind like that.  I then used my hammer to reset any nails that had popped and were sticking up.  Once I gave the room a good sweeping and vacuuming it was ready for what I planned to do next.

 


A shower and clean clothes was the next order of business as it was a very dusty job and then I went out to the garage to see what home improvement supplies I still had out there.  I gathered those up and took them upstairs to the bedroom.  Then I sat down with my laptop and placed orders with Lowes and Home Depot for the rest of the things I needed.  I am super excited to get to work on this project and show you the transformation.  On a tight budget too.  Stay tuned!

 

 

2 comments:

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...