Wednesday, December 26, 2018

30 Bags In 30 Days



One of my goals I've set for myself next month is to do a complete house purge.  I try to clear clutter and keep my accumulations under control, but let's face it, stuff accumulates.  It just does.  So I decided to try the 30 Bags In 30 Days challenge.


It is pretty darn simple.  You collect 30 plastic bags and stuff them all inside one of those bags.  Then each day you take one out and go through your house and fill it with stuff you don't need to have any longer.


It could be trash.  It could be recycleables.  It could be stuff you need to shred or burn.  It could be stuff you need to return to people.  It could be stuff to donate.  It could be stuff to sell or offer up for free on Craigslist.  Doesn't matter as long as you fill up a bag each day.


By the end of the thirty days you will have removed a mountain of crap you don't need to have in your house anymore.  And I'm getting really excited about it!


If you want to join me grab some bags.  Grocery bags, trash bags, gift bags, paper bags, heck even some boxes or bins will work.  Doesn't matter.  I want to hear how you are doing and how much stuff you got rid of.  I'll be sharing mine with you as well.  And if you want to take a picture and send it to me I'll feature it on the blog!


I'm starting on January 1st!  Let's do this!



20 comments:

  1. I have been neglecting my decluttering since Thanksgiving, so I will join you! I am more than ready to resume getting rid of things. I know that most of my efforts will be to donate things rather than simply throw them out--and that's going to take more time (to clean/dust them)! So maybe my bags will be grocery-size rather than 30-gallon trash bag size, but at least stuff will be heading out the door. :^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read your blog for awhile, but never posted. I like this idea and I think I will join you. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea although I'm wondering how large are the bags that you're using. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any size bag you want! Sandwich bags to lawn/leaf bags will work. :o)

      Delete
  4. What a great idea! A fresh start for a new year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I’ll do this! I’ve been very sick the past six months. Things have gotten out of hand, so I have a lot to do. I have the charity truck already scheduled!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried to get rid of 1,000 items, or 3 things each day in 2018. I don't think I made my goal, but I did make a concerted effort to get rid of unwanted things. Some days I tossed (donated, gave away) more than 3, others none. It has made a noticeable difference in the amount of stuff in our house. My wardrobe, particularly, is very small. I could even cull it more and not miss anything. With our move on the horizon, the first of the year will find me making even more of a concerted effort to lighten the load so to speak. The real challenge is getting some of the kids on board.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That will be my challenge too. The kids want to hang onto everything. I'm hoping they let go of some stuff this time.

      Delete
  7. I'm definitely in! I'm starting mine tomorrow though, because I've neglected a lot of things due to work overload. It always feels good to declutter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't tell anyone, but I already filled up a bag! Yesterday! Hee, hee.

      Delete
  8. I am in too! I have been so busy at work this last year that a lot of things have built up, I could probably fill several bags with papers,receipts,etc that need to be shredded. Here is to a better organized 2019! I may even make me an organizer like you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paper is one of my clutter pains too. I LOVE my organizer. So glad I made this one. It really is helping me stay on top of things and have a place to keep important stuff and all of my many lists. ;0)

      Delete
  9. I think I will join in too! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Boy, do I need to join this challenge! Count me in.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...