Monday, December 24, 2018

Last Week's Thrifty Moves



Can you even believe Christmas is tomorrow?!  Merry Christmas everyone!!

Last Sunday morning I was up and at it at first light!  I began my day by getting my Sunday chores completed before heading into the kitchen to whip up a fresh batch of chocolate fudge.  Once that was done I got busy and started baking cookies.  By then the girls were up and ready to join in as we baked chocolate mint, peanut butter and gingersnap cookies.  Yum!

I've made so much fudge this year!

We got all of our out of town packages packed up and ready to head off in the mail.  I printed off flat rate priority mail labels using my PayPal account and then dropped them off at the post office after work.  Easy peasy!  Christmas cards went into the mailbox too.

One of my favorite meals I enjoy

After work on Tuesday I stopped in at Dollar Tree for my last trip into that store for 2018 and what I hope is the last one for quite awhile.  I think I've shopped and spent too much money there this year.  This time I picked up a few items to tuck into stockings as well as stocked up on some cleaning supplies and a few pantry items.  I think I'm pretty well set now.


Thursday I made a fresh batch of fudge to give as a gift.  Friday I came home and collapsed.

Saturday I played catch-up around the house, did some more year end planning, got some much needed rest and did a couple loads of laundry.  I put the finishing touches on a few handmade gifts for my family.

Peanut butter fudge seems to be the big favorite this year

I used leftover spaghetti sauce and a few mushrooms to top some homemade pizza dough I made in my bread machine.  I added a package of mozzarella cheese and some pepperoni slices I had in the freezer to make the girls a nice pizza supper.  I also put together a quick salad to go with it and used up quite a few odds and ends in the refrigerator.  Love meals that come together like that.


It was a very busy work week.  I ended up working longer hours as we are still shorthanded and our new guy doesn't start until after the holidays.  He'll need some training so I expect it will be a good month after he starts before we feel fully staffed once again.  I'm grateful, however for the opportunity to earn the extra $$.


The girls had their last week of school and final exams prior to the winter break.  Their school year is now officially half over!  Good heavens, did that every go by quickly!  They are now enjoying their break and so am I.  It will be very nice to have the break myself from making school lunches every day and running around getting to and from all the activities.

This little girl is very excited for Christmas
She keeps trying to open the presents!
We finished wrapping all of our gifts with wrap, tags, bows, tissue and bags we already had, many of which have been saved and reused for several years.  I love how the girls will oh and awe over gift bags they remember from way back when.  It is pretty cute.

How was your thrifty week?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...