Thursday, August 30, 2012

$100 Christmas Challenge


It’s going around! 

Several of the blogs I follow have either issued or someone has signed on for a big challenge.  To spend no more than $100 cash on Christmas gifts.  Given our current financial situation it sounded like the right challenge for me so I have decided to join them.  What do you think of this?  Could you do it? 

It will be a challenge, no doubt about that, and it will mean that most of my gifts will need to be homemade or very carefully purchased.  I am hoping to combine sales with coupons and use gift cards from my rewards points on my credit card to ensure that I am able to pull this off. 

I got a pretty good start Tuesday.  I had coupons for Pyrex storage bowls and “doubler” coupons to go with them from Albertsons.  I took them to Walmart because they accept them and I was able to pick up a nice gift for just a couple of bucks.  Hurray! 

I’ve been working on the handmade end of things already this year so I do have a few things done and others started.  I plan to do a lot of things from the kitchen as well.  You know, you really don’t need a lot of money to pull off a nice holiday. 

It is going to be a great Christmas this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...