Friday, August 31, 2012

The Big Day Is Tomorrow!


We move into the new building for our business tomorrow.  I am so excited! 

I stopped by yesterday to see all the changes they have done.  It is going to look so nice.  I have been setting stuff up and decorating in my head for weeks now.  I think I know where most everything is going but who knows until I actually start setting things in place. 

I have been a busy girl this week getting ready.  All my stuff is sitting in the garage and family room ready to go into the truck tomorrow morning and head on down.  My parents are coming to help and it will be a busy weekend. 

This week I called the utility companies, went to City Hall to pick up my occupancy permit, got the banking done, bought some plants and pots, made forms, business cards and started working on signs.  I’ve painted shelving, painted a display table, and painted the end of my finger metallic silver.  I’ve gone through a ton of paperwork, put price tags on inventory, made labels and stuck them on bottles of eyeglass cleaner, sorted and organized frames and ordered some more. 

In the middle of all this I have managed to clean up my house, get the laundry done, grocery shop for the month of September (decided to get it done early), raked the yard and picked up a ton of apples – again, and in the middle of all this hosted the ladies for a day of pinochle playing. 

Crazy as it may sound to host a “party” in the midst of everything that is going on it was my salvation.  I needed a day to chill out and do something completely different.  Spending time with my friends, especially when they are so excited for me and my little venture, was the best thing I could have done for myself.  We had a great time. 

My next adventure in life is about to take off.  I can hardly wait!

2 comments:

  1. congrats to you for becoming a small business owner! I wish you the best for success.. You sound like you have knowledge and experience in you field and are a hard worker. The old fashioned American receipe for success!
    Jessiejack

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...