Saturday, August 4, 2012

Summer Vacation – Week 9


I can’t believe it is August already! 

Do I like my new job?  Not so much and, unfortunately, I was mislead a bit with regard to a very important component - my wages.  The atmosphere leaves a lot to be desired too so that only compounds the issue.  I have a high standard when it comes to my work ethic and the quality of my work.  I also have a hard time being around fellow employees that bad mouth the boss every time she walks out of the room and the company they work for.  If you are unhappy then you should move on.  In the meantime keep your mouth shut. 

I was flabbergasted when they pulled out their cell phones to watch TV when the boss left early one day.  Needless to say I am continuing my job search.  In the meantime I will continue at this one as it isn’t costing me money to work there.  If it did, that would be a whole different deal.  Anyway enough of that.

Instead of a daily update I decided to do a weekly update.  With me returning to work on Monday we are re-adjusting and trying to come up with a new routine and schedule.  So far, so good. 

Most of our projects and adventures will be done on the weekends and a few in the evenings.  Our mornings are spent getting a head start on our chores so we can free up our evenings and weekends.  We are all doing our part and working together so the burden doesn’t fall all on one person – ME. 

If there is anything I have learned as a working full-time single mom it is that weekends shouldn’t be the time where you work yourself like a dog preparing for the following week.  I will be focusing more on time spent with family and friends instead. 

This week we haven’t done much in the way of projects as we are settling into the “new norm”.  I think, in a way, it is a good way to wind down the summer and get into the groove of going back to school. 

Our Saturday will be spent with me in the sewing room.  I need to get busy with quite a few projects so I can list some items to sell on eBay and Etsy.  Unfortunately I’ve let my little enterprise go and we really can’t afford to be doing that. 

On Sunday I have a big decoupage project planned after our morning chores are done.  I’ll post more on that one later. J  We also need to work on our Snowman Project so we’ll be working on that as well.  I also plan to post on that one really soon, probably in the next week or two. 

So things are different around here but all good too.  It is a comfort to know I’ll have regular income again for awhile.

1 comment:

  1. Hi - I enjoy reading your blog especially the ways you find to have fun with your kids without spending alot of money - those are the real memories that mean something!
    As a small business owner I really appreciate employees with a good work ethic - how discouraging it is when people take advantage of the boss being out - Sometimes I feel like a babysitter! Jessiejack

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...