Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Handmade Gift - Marble Coasters


I made these for my bestest (yes, that's a word) buddy this past Christmas and she loves them.  At least she said she did.  Anyway I thought I'd share how I made them.  Super easy too, because I excel with crafts that are simple to make.  Get too complicated and my brain disengages, my eyes glaze over and I'm down for the count.

Supplies:  Tiles, felt, spray glue, ruler, pencil, scissors, straight pins
and some cardboard to work on and keep your space clean


I started out by going to Home Depot and purchasing a stack of travertine marble tiles.  They came nine to a package so I had enough to make two sets.  Since I already had felt and spray adhesive I didn’t need to buy either of these items.  For four coasters you only need one sheet of felt.  I measured the tiles and cut a template out of copy paper.  In this case it was a 3 3/4 inch square.  I used that as my pattern to cut out the felt.


I placed each of the tiles upside down on cardboard and sprayed them with the adhesive.  Then I carefully put the felt onto each one.  I left them overnight to dry before stacking them and tying them with a length of grosgrain ribbon.

Now I plan to make another set with the leftover tiles.  Not sure yet who will get them.  Maybe me!


NOTE:  I used spray adhesive because I wanted the felt to be smooth and was concerned that regular glue might make it bumpy.



2 comments:

  1. Great Idea! I think I will do a few sets to keep on hand for hostess gifts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is an awesome idea Anne! Let me know how they turn out.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...