Monday, February 23, 2015

Last Week's Thrifty Moves


This flu bug has seriously kicked my butt.  I'm not alone it seems, however, as it has affected everyone pretty much the same way but I'm not a patient patient.  In fact quite the opposite.  I get resentful and frustrated.  Finally I am on the mend and creeping back to normal.

By Tuesday I felt well enough to get the muslin I bought a couple weeks ago into the washer and dryer for a quick spin.  On Wednesday I was chomping at the bit to get started on those projects I had abandoned during the last ten days.  I pressed the muslin and cut out three tea towels out of the white.  Then I placed a vintage iron on transfer onto each one.  Super cute!

The youngest and I sorted the Christmas M&Ms for
some belated Valentine cookies.
Thursday I got out my embroidery basket (the one that used to belong to my great grandmother) and got to stitching.

Friday I was feeling like a human being once again and itching to get into the kitchen and do something productive after I got home from work.  First thing after I hung up my coat and purse was to load up the bread machine to make up a fresh ball of whole wheat dough.  I needed bread!


The girls got in the spirit with me and before long we had a double batch of blueberry pecan granola in the oven and a bowl of Death By Chocolate cookie dough mixed up.  I also made a bottle of pancake syrup while all the sugar was still out.

We watched Castle online for free.  Using our Roku and Amazon Prime membership we started watching The X Files series.  We love it!

What a mess!  No space to even walk through here.
Saturday the girls and I started the redo project in our garage storage area.  We removed everything inside and went through it.  We removed the old rickety 20 year old particle board shelving and cleaned out the entire area.  We washed all of our storage bins and the metal shelving unit.  Then we got busy putting everything away in and orderly and organized fashion.  We completed about 80% of this project before we felt the need to call it a day.  I'll post more once we get it all done.

After working hard in the garage we pumped up the tires on our bikes and went for a quick ride in our neighborhood.

I also got these guys all washed up and ready to go.  Can you guess why?
I washed out half a dozen gallon size Ziploc bags to reuse.

I did not grocery shop last week.  We ate very well from our freezer and pantry.

How thrifty were you last week?


2 comments:

  1. If you get a chance to post pictures of the tea towels I would love to see them.

    The flu is kicking everyone's butt. For the past three days I have been pretty much drinking hot tea and eating oranges and chicken soup. Glad you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I drank a ton of tea! So sorry to hear you have it. My sympathies. Hope you feel better soon. Yes, I will post a pic of my finished towels. :)

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...