Friday, February 20, 2015

Our Trip To The Antique Mall


Our family outing last month was to go to the antique mall and troll the aisles.  It always opens up a lot of conversation for us as my girls want to know what everything is and what it was used for.  As always, it was a ton of fun.


This time rotary phones were the big deal.  They just couldn't seem to imagine that I used to use one.  My youngest thought it would be incredibly difficult.  I think today's Smartphones are difficult.  The rotary phone is a breeze!



So many pretty vintage things and loads of fun retro stuff.  I always get mesmerized by the dishes and kitchen stuff.  And there is so much to take in.

These are just like the cafeteria trays we used when I was in grade school.

We are on the lookout for the perfect old iron to add to the vignette in my laundry room.  So far we have yet to find one so we'll just have to keep searching, which is part of the fun.  More antique shops in our future I'm afraid.  Yaaaaay!


6 comments:

  1. Searching is fun and confounding at the same time. I have been looking for a '30's-40's mannequin bust (the kind with molded hair in a wave) for about 10 years. No luck so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds tricky. But when you finally find it it will be a great day. Good luck!

      Delete
  2. I love looking around antique shops! I could spend hours on end just browsing around. We live in an area that some people refer to as 'antique capital' because there are so many antique shops and malls. Tourists come from all over to buy antiques here- you should see it. (That was a hint, in case you didn't catch it!) :)
    I am drooling over the large blue milk can in the picture you took- and I also can get caught up looking at the household and kitchen items. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to come see you. We would get in a bunch of trouble for sure! :)

      Delete
  3. Looks like you had lots of fun, I LOVE antique malls as you know! lol! Thank you for your sweet comment.

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a nice afternoon. Anytime spent with my little ladies is always nice. :)

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...