Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Queso Fundido


I decided to try my hand at making some queso fundido (meat & cheese).  I mean who doesn't love that idea?  I'd seen it made on TV and read about it few times but had never made it until recently.  I thought it might be a good thing to try for lunch one day.

I made it simple and Thrifty Mom style of course although I don’t think it is a difficult or expensive process to begin with.  My oldest was all over this one.  We got busy.


Queso fundido can be quite greasy so we used a package of ground turkey to help keep down the fat.  I seasoned the browned meat with a half packet of taco seasoning and added 1/4 cup of water to help distribute it throughout the meat.  Once the liquid had absorbed I turned off the burner.

I sprinkled about a cup of grated cheddar jack cheese across the top of the meat mixture and allowed it to melt.  We served it up with warmed tortillas, salsa and a little sour cream.

The verdict?


It was pretty darn good.  It would be great served with tortilla chips too as a party dish.  The original recipe calls for chorizo and I've seen recipes for ground beef.  I think using lean ground pork would be good as well.

Yes, I would definitely make this one again.



4 comments:

  1. Never had this before but it looks really tasty. Will give it a whirl! Thanks for ispiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really looks yummy !! I can see this being served up as a party dish too.
    Maybe some frosty cold adult beverages....FIESTA !!!!!!!
    Vanessa B

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...