Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Feeding My Coffee Habit



The other day I got lucky.  About a week or so ago I went into Fred Meyer for the sole purpose of taking advantage of one of their loss leader sales.  For two days they were running their Kroger brand K cups for $2.99 a 12 pack, limit of five.  I bought five and was pretty darn happy about that.  Now that I have a coffeemaker for K cups, my little luxury item I bought for myself at Christmas time, I am always watching for good buys on the cups.  Most of what I've acquired so far has been found in the markdown bins

$2.99 each!

After picking up my five boxes of K cups I headed over to the markdown bin at the back of the store and found this mangled box of 48 Simple Truth K cups sitting there with a $9.99 tag on it.  Score!  But even better than that was I had a $2 OFF digital coupon loaded to my store rewards card.  Super score!!!


When I got home and opened it I found that only one of the K cups was actually broken, the rest were fine.  And the broken one was still very much salvageable.  


I just ended up dumping it into the little reusable basket that came with my coffeemaker.


Most people on Keto will tell you that one of their favorite things is their coffee and I am no exception.  I love my coffee.  Once or twice a day I make myself a nice "fat" coffee with cream, a bit of vanilla and some MCT oil.  It is sooooo good and it really makes my day.  Having the K cup coffeemaker has really been nice.  I can make myself a fresh hot cup of coffee anytime and I love it.

This little coffeemaker makes me so happy!

I do realize that the K cups aren't the most environmentally friendly and they are a bit costly when compared to brewing a pot of coffee the old fashioned way, but sometimes a girl just needs a bit of extravagance.  And this is what I've chosen as my extravagant item.



4 comments:

  1. I prefer my French press--I drink a full carafe every morning. But, we have a Keurig which I gave to my husband one Christmas. He loves it. I find great sales on K-cups at Grocery Outlet ($1.99/12) I also go to the markdown section in our Kroger family store as well to get good deals. Here's something I recently discovered--the Kroger brand K-cups are made by Green Mountain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to know. I like Green Mountain and the Kroger cups too!

      Delete
  2. Great find on the KCups. Coffee is critical doing keto.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. If I couldn't have my coffee life would be really hard. LOL

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...