Thursday, March 14, 2019

I Did It Again!



Sunday was the end of daylight savings time.  We sprang ahead losing an hour of our day, but gaining those extra hours of daylight in the evenings.  I personally love the end of daylight savings time and wish Idaho would opt out of the whole business, but for some reason we are sticking to it.  I personally don't see the benefit of it, but obviously no one consulted with me on the subject.  So what did we do with our shorter day?  We climbed a hill!


Almost two and a half years ago I posted my goal to climb Tablerock.  I'd never done it and I felt I should.  It nearly killed me and as we neared the top I almost gave up and headed back down the hill.  But my girls encouraged me and I continued on.  By the time I got to the top I was miserable and felt absolutely sick.  But I also felt really good, because I had done it.


This time I cruised up that hill!  As I made the final ascent I was starting to get tired, but no way did I feel like giving up.  I got to the top and I felt AWESOME!  Huge difference over how it was the last time.  HUGE.


Somehow I just knew it would be too.  I feel so much better, my energy and endurance have improved and I CAN DO STUFF!  My youngest went with me and at the top she snapped some pictures.  Pictures I'm not unhappy to look at either.


All the way back down we talked about our next adventure and where we want to go, trails to walk, hikes we want to take.  A waterfall I want to show her in the Sawtooth mountains, which means this girl is going to have to camp out in a tent.  I know I can do it!  We have some adventures ahead of us!  Yay!




22 comments:

  1. Great job!!! What a fantastic accomplishment, twice, and you've improved. It's such a great feeling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Call me a stickler, but Sunday was the BEGINNING of Daylight Savings, not the end. It will end in November when we go back to standard time.
    What a hike!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Congratulations on climbing the hill again and on your success with Keto!! I am inspired to try the diet myself. Now that I have survived menopause, I need help with my energy and sleeping. You seem to have lots of energy, your blog is inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb! I swear I feel 10 years younger! No kidding. I'd totally recommend giving Keto another try. :0)

      Delete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS! You look great but it is because you have worked to achieve it.
    Jeannie@GetMeToTheCountry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    I enjoy your blog and just wanted to make a correction. Daylight Saving Time did not end on Sunday, March 10. It started on that day. When the time changes again in the fall, we will be back on "regular time."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Look at you with the keto body! Congratulations all around!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats!! You look great! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look fantastic!

    D.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a lovely photo of the two of you and well done on the climb. I really admire your "can do" attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! Also, you look wonderful! Beautiful daughter too!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...