Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Our Saturday Outing



One of my goals this year is have more "me time".  Not just time alone, but time spent doing things I want to do.  All my life I've put my needs and wants on the back burner ahead of others.  Often I'll have plans and someone else will invite us over or the kids will want to do something and I'll immediately change my plans to accommodate them.  This year I'm trying to work on that and make myself more of a priority.


Lately I've been telling my girls I'm going to go and do something and they are welcome to join me if they would like.  Most of the time one or both will join me and sometimes I'm on my own, which is really fine.  I enjoy spending time on my own.  This past Saturday I thought it would be fun to walk down to catch the #29 bus to the mall and have lunch at Sizzler and maybe do a little shopping afterward.  I had a gift card to use as well as the end of another one to use up too.  Both cards were set to expire in a couple months and I sure didn't want them to go to waste.  My youngest thought my idea sounded like fun so she decided to join me.  We had a great time.


We left the house and walked down to where the bus stop was.  It was a good walk and the weather was really nice.  We caught the bus and it took us right to the mall and dropped us off.  A quick walk across the parking lot and we were at Sizzler.  I used the gift card to pay for our lunch.



After lunch we walked back across the parking lot to Dillards where I found a summer nightgown on clearance for $18.  I used the rest of the gift card from lunch and the rest of another one to pay for $11 of it and the rest I paid out of pocket.


We walked all over the mall and my daughter had fun trying on clothes.  We found her a couple pair of shorts for summer and a pair of gym shorts for the P.E. class she'll be taking this summer on sale.


We went to the clearance shoe store where I'd found my Clarks work shoes and I found a pair of shoes I was hoping to fine.  Trail running shoes that will be perfect for all of my hikes and the scads of trails I'm planning to explore.  And they were only $29.98!  I was really excited about that.  Having the right footwear is super important and I'm well stocked in that department now.


We caught the bus and headed back, then we made the walk up the hill to our house.  It felt so good to be out and about and kind of nice to use an alternate source of transportation to get where we wanted to go.  We are blessed to have nice buses and nice bus drivers too and loads of routes all over the city.


I definitely got my steps in that day as well.  Set a record in fact.  I'm looking forward to setting a lot of records as time goes on.  Lots more adventures ahead for me and if anyone wants to join me they are welcome to tag along.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...