Wednesday, May 1, 2019

My Grocery Budget 2019 - March Update



I'm sure you all will be disappointed but, my grocery budget update this month isn't much of an update.  I have to confess, I just wasn't into it at all last month.  Losing Old Man Kitty knocked me off my game at the beginning of the month and I was not my usual self.  It took me a couple weeks to get back in the game.

A quick stop at Fred Meyer after work one night

My lack of enthusiasm for grocery shopping turned out to be a good thing, however.  You all know I'm trying to clear out our garage freezer in order to better use up what we have and get that puppy defrosted.  Not shopping forced us to do exactly that.  We were able to use up a bunch of odds and ends in the kitchen freezer and several items out of the chest freezer.

A little Wal-Mart haul

I did shop some for fresh produce, cream, yogurt and I bought a ham for Easter.  Not much and I have absolutely no idea of exactly what I spent.  I do know if was less than usual.

A quick trip into Winco and a jug of laundry detergent I picked up at Walgreens

Next month I'll be back in the swing of things and that is good.  I've got a party to put on and the rest of the food that needs to be purchased for that, company is coming and we have a family vacation to plan for.  Lots of good stuff coming up.  And the plan is not to go over budget next month too.

Wish me luck!



4 comments:

  1. You do not need luck!! You know what to do and you do it. It's called planning and you've done it so long that it comes naturally to you. I will wish you a wonderful May and tell you to enjoy it all. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry about the loss of your kitty. I just lost my Doofy cat here recently so I can really relate. ((((((HUGS))))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Debbie I'm so sorry to hear about Doofy. Hugs to you as well.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...