Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Trade Offs Are A Great Option

 


There is nothing quite like a health scare or life events (or even world events) to really make a person take pause and reevaluate the path one is heading down.  Often in life we are faced with wondering if the path we travel is truly the path we should be on, however far too many times we will just continue on.  It takes a lot of strength and courage to realize the path you are traveling isn’t correct and actually do something about it. 

 


Fear is a powerful opponent when it comes to making changes.  Fear of failure, fear of the unknown, fear that you might get hurt or sick, fear that you might be wrong.  Most of our fears when it comes to change are typically completely unfounded and we need to be realistic about that.  The things that we worry about and lose sleep over usually never come to pass.  So, it is with that knowledge that we need to set aside our fears, power through and carry on.

 


I have always wanted to retire early and when my health became compromised I realized I needed to retire early.  That desire now became a priority and I began to work really hard to get ready for my retirement.   As I was doing this I also realized that if I was willing to live more thriftily I could retire even earlier than my original plan. 

 


At first I was hesitant, but then I re-read a book I had, Your Money Or Your Life, and I quickly realized that not only could I do it, but that I should.  It is all about trade offs and I am quite willing to stop the 9 to 5 rat race and live my life frugally in order to gain my freedom.  I am definitely quite willing to live frugally and stop working to make someone else wealthier.  Time and freedom are now my preferred currency. 

 


If you have any desire to change your current situation, leave the daily grind, retire early or just change jobs I want to encourage you not be afraid to do it.  Read books, watch videos, do your research.  Get ready.  Take the leap.

 

6 comments:

  1. I am hoping to make a career change this September. I cant take the stress from my current arrangement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEST BOOK EVER!!!!! It gave us the tools to be debt free with a 2year emergency fund, before age 50 and me retired the second I was mentally done working (58).

    I'm so happy for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! It really puts it all into perspective. Thanks Elle. I'm happy for me too! ;)

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on the early retirement. I was hoping you could explain how you will handle medical health insurance since you retired early. Having to consider this myself due to illness. Thanks for the help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone's situation is different, but I'd recommend going to healthcare.gov and then having a frank discussion with an insurance broker to see what all of your options are.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...