Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine's Day


I challenged my girls and myself to spend no more than $1 on Valentine’s Day gifts this year.  They could only spend $1 each on me and I could only spend $1 each on them.  Thanks to Walgreens we pulled it off. 

A friend of mine took the girls to the store on Friday for me and I stopped on the way to pick them up from daycare a couple weeks ago with a coupon to purchase six Russell Stover chocolate truffles for 29¢ each.  I left having spent only $1.85 with sales tax. 

I don’t know what they got me but I do know they are pretty excited about it.  They spent Saturday morning making their own Valentine cards for me.  I put three truffles in a paper bag for each of my girls and stapled a leftover Valentine card from two years ago on the front of the bags. 

Sunday morning I printed off my computer homemade Valentines for the girl’s to give their teachers and classmates.  They cut them out and wrote the names on them while I made greeting cards on the computer to mail to friends and family.  I’m a little late this year in getting them done but at least I got them done.  Most will be delivered on time but three will most likely be a day late.  Bummer.


I also baked four dozen sugar cookies.  I tinted the dough pink and sprinkled them with white sugar.  They turned out cute and taste wonderful.  We had to test them, of course.  I put some in plastic zipper sandwich bags and into paper bags, then I stapled more leftover Valentines from my little stash on the bag fronts.   I will be sharing with friends and a couple neighbors.

I put a container of eighteen of the cookies together for our potluck lunch at work on Tuesday.  We are ready for Valentine’s Day and with a little creativity and some elbow grease got the job done on an amazingly tight budget.  Hurray!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...