Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Freezer Clean Out Week #3


I thought I was pretty much done, but I found more items that needed to be used up or succumb to freezer burn.  I found pineapple juice concentrate so I made that up and used it to make our morning smoothies.  I used plenty of frozen fruit from the freezer too.



Sunday I removed the turkey from the bones.  I put the carcass in my large slow cooker with an onion, some carrots and four celery stalks and allowed it to cook on high for 6 hours.  While that cooked I place the leftover stuffing into a casserole dish, topped it with sliced turkey and then the leftover gravy.  I put that into the oven to bake at 350° for 40 minutes before wrapping up the leftover dinner rolls in foil and putting them in to warm. 




I sautéed leftover green beans and mushrooms in olive oil and a dollop of bacon fat.  I seasoned them with a little soy sauce and dinner was served.



Sunday - Delicious made over Thanksgiving leftovers.


Monday - I browned up ground beef with taco seasoning and added a container of black beans I had in the freezer.  Heated up some tortillas and made some quick tacos before heading off to drop off the oldest at Robotics and do my weekly grocery shop.


Tuesday - The last of the turkey became fried rice served up with a big green salad and some hot & sour soup.


Wednesday - Leftover taco meat became taco salad.

Kyoto Japanese Steahouse - Boise, Idaho

Thursday - I did not have to cook as we were treated to dinner out by some dear friends of ours.

Coleslaw mix, red bell pepper, green onions, sunflower seeds

Diced chicken seasoned with minced garlic and black pepper

Asian salad dressing - recipe on the side of the container
or you can get it at Pamperedchef.com

Toss the salad with some of the dressing and the chicken
Top with crunchy chow mein noodles

Friday - I had a lone chicken breast half in the freezer and a bag of coleslaw mix in the fridge that needed to be use up so the youngest and I made some Asian dressing and whipped up a quick Asian inspired chicken salad topped with crunch chow mein noodles.  Yum!


Saturday - I made minestrone soup from odds and ends I found in the pantry.  I also made a nice green salad to go with it.  It was a chilly day outside and that soup really hit the spot.


Kind of crazy all of the things I've scrounged up to fix for our supper this past four weeks.  Of course throwing in a fabulous Thanksgiving feast didn't hurt either.  I'm so thankful and grateful for the bounty we have in this house.  And always amazed at how well we do with very little $$.

Sunday I was back to official meal prepping and meal planning and began week 13.  I'll be posting our meal prep for all of you next week!



2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting almost daily. I enjoy reading how you keep things thrifty. My husband had no idea you could dress up leftovers before we were married 18 years ago... so I enjoy it when you show what you did to mix up the leftovers, because it gives me fresh ideas. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb! I'm glad you enjoy the blog. It warms my heart and makes it all worth it. Merry Christmas!

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...