Friday, January 5, 2018

Goals For 2018!


I don't do New Year's resolutions, never had much luck with them, but if you've followed my blog for any length of time you know I love to set goals for myself.  Even better, I love to accomplish them and cross them off the list.

A lot of my current goals are the same as last year.  I'm always looking to improve things around here and improve myself as well.  I have a list of small goals to work on throughout the year which include things like eating better, exercising more, spend less money, put more money into savings, etc, etc.


Right now I'm still working on a pretty big goal which I set last fall to "pay off" Laverne and put back all of the money I've spent on her within a six month timeframe.  It looks pretty good that I'm going to be able to make that goal and I'm super excited about that.  Once I've completed it I'll be setting a new goal and of course I'll be sharing it with all of you when I do.  But for right now, my Laverne goal is the one I'm concentrating on the most.

Spending is always something I'm trying to do better and less of.  I'll definitely be working on improving my spending habits in order to spend less money for the things we need or want.  I want to do better with staying within our grocery budget too.  Hopefully by spending less I'll be able to funnel more into savings and build that up in preparation of retirement.


And of course, I want to improve the blog to provide better content and keep things interesting.  More fun and crafty things too!  I'm excited about the new things I've got planned to share with all of you.  I sure do hope you will enjoy it.

Another goal, which is ongoing and has been for quite some time, is to be better organized and reduce the amount of stuff in our home.  Even though we have done some massive purging over the past 7 years I still feel like we have so much stuff!  This year I plan to kick that up a notch and once again I'll be taking you along for the ride.

Sooooo, 2018 is going to be another great year!  Let's get cracking!!

Oh, hey!  Have you set any goals to accomplish in the new year?  



8 comments:

  1. Will enjoy reading about your completions. I have been reading you long enough to know they will be completed! I am not big on resolutions, but I do have concrete goals for each month of the year. (Both large and small ones)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have great goals too Anne. I look forward to hearing about them.

      Delete
  2. I am really looking forward to the crafty things you have planned! I need to take a note from your cool books you have made and use something similar for a bit better planning. I was never a micro-planner but the older I get the more I seem to try to plan better and more - it really does make things go smoother.

    My first financial goal is to repay myself from the dip into savings I took in November from the accident. I want to try to do a better job of planning for those incidentals that pop up from time to time that are hard to plan for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are the one that inspired my to kick it up a notch with the "crafty things" so I hope I don't dissapoint.

      Like you not a big one to micro manage, but as I get older I do see the value in it now. And I'm really having fun with my binders! :0)

      Delete
  3. I always have a ton of goals. I aim high & work to accomplish them, but never hit them all fully. Which is fine. Biggest goals this year: lose 20 pounds, run a half marathon, & quit my job. On the last one, we're in the process of scoping out a remodel for the house, and depending on where that nets out, may need to adjust my departure date for work. But, I need the plans to be formalized, and we've been sitting on the house planning with no progress for a while, and it's driving me crazy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you have some really great goals. I hope you accomplish them, especially the one to quit your job as I'm sure that is your hearts desire. Best of luck!

      Delete
  4. I have a lot of clean-out, pick up and put away goals...and write a book.

    http://cindybrick.blogspot.com/2018/01/end-of-year-thoughtsand-whats-next-for.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are going to have a busy year by the sounds of it. All my best to you!

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...