Tuesday, December 17, 2019

My 2020 Day Planner



I thought I would take a moment and share with you my latest project I've been working on.  This has been a lot of fun for me and was a great way to test out our new Craft Center.  I am happy to report it works terrifically!  When I got ready to start this project I knew where all of the supplies I would need were and was able to gather them all up in about a minute.  Perfect!

The pocket on the right holds stamps, stickers and address labels

If you have been around here for very long you may recognize my day planner.  It used to be my household journal, however I realized that I wasn't really using it much.  However, I thought that if I combined it with my 2020 day planner it might see a bit more action in the coming year.

I am most excited to start my gratitude journal
I'm having a hard time waiting until Jan 1 to start it too! 😊

I put it all together using paper, stickers, colored pens and other supplies I already had in my craft stash.  I had purchased quite a bit of stuff in 2018 including some day planner stickers.  I have since given some away, but still have plenty to use for several years ahead.  I also reused a lot of the existing components in my household journal.

Even my chore list is pretty

I downloaded templates from The Scattered Squirrel to make my month at a glance calendar pages as well as my monthly planner pages.  I really like that site and suggest you check it out if you need to make up a planner of any kind on a budget.  Tons of great templates and ideas for constructing your own planners whether they are full size or half size pages.

My whole month at a glance

Weekly menu planner page with an area for my shopping list
I made this on Excel so let me know if you want a copy

I wanted my planner to be colorful and cheerful and I think I accomplished that quite nicely using scrapbook papers, colored pens and papers, stickers and some sticker tapes.  All of my pages are half sizes and initially I was concerned it might be too small, however I've done a trial run since November and I'm finding it works perfectly for me.

The meal planning section has a pocket for storing paper coupons
I also included a "Things To Buy In 2020" list

Extra meal planning sheets and a great coupon I have
to use at Albertson's next year

I have my month at a glance calendar page and monthly planner as well as weekly menu pages.  A gratitude journal, a section titled Blog Thoughts where I can jot down ideas for the blog as they pop into my head, a section for gift planning, my contacts, and plenty of space to add on.  I'm thinking about doing a journal page each month too to kind of document our month a little more and hopefully include some pictures as well.

I will be working on my 2020 Goals section next - Yay!

A place to jot down gift ideas and planning

On pretty paper!

It will be a work in progress as I use it throughout the year so I'll be sure to update you from time to time as to how it is going.



4 comments:

  1. I would love to know where you print those calendar and monthly ‘goals’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenna. In the paragraph under the picture of my chore list is the link. Click on The Scattered Squirrel. :o)

      Delete
  2. I need a day planner in my purse as I am out and about. Do you take this with you when you leave the house? You certainly have the planner organized.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...