Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Pumpkin Spice Cookies



I love pretty much anything pumpkin so this next batch of cookies in this series was right up my alley.  Once again it is a super simple, uses only a few ingredients and makes a really delicious cookie.  Nice diversion from all the chocolate holiday options too.


Pumpkin Spice Cookies

1 yellow cake mix
2 eggs
1/4 cup oil
1 cup pumpkin
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup all purpose flour
Cream cheese frosting (optional)


In a large mixing bowl combine the cake mix, eggs, oil, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice and flour to form a thick sticky dough.  Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto a lightly greased baking pan.  Bake 9 to 11 minutes at 375 degrees until the edges just start to brown.  Remove to a cooling rack.  Once cooled frost the tops of each cookie with a little cream cheese frosting.  Store in an airtight container.  Makes approximately 2 dozen cookies.


Quick, easy and once again thrifty too!  These cookies are definitely Christmas tin worthy.  Lightly sweet and not overly spicy.  If you prefer a spicier cookie you could add more pumpkin pie spice or even use a spice cake mix instead of the yellow cake mix.


I decided to just heat up a little of the frosting and drizzle it like a glaze

Have you made the Confetti Sugar Cookies or the Lemon Drop Cookies yet?  Check back on Friday for my next easy and thrifty cookie recipe.  It just keeps getting better and better.




10 comments:

  1. Love your baking recipes, I'd love to try learning to bake fresh cookies at home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These cake mix cookies are a great way to get started. Enjoy!

      Delete
  2. OMG!!! I had been looking for this recipe for about a year now. It's one of my son's favorite. Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cake mix cookies and I hadn't seen one like this before...love it!!! I can't stand for long periods and the shortcut using the varieties of flavor cake mixes works out perfect for me!!! Thank you for the ideas!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are so quick and I really liked this one in particular.

      Delete
  4. I have all of the needed ingredients for these, except my cake mix is chocolate. I think I will try them anyway and see how they turn out. Thanks for sharing the recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...