Friday, December 20, 2019

White Chocolate Chip Nut Cookies


This next batch of cookies is my youngest daughter's very favorite.  She loves these!  If you like white chocolate macadamia nut cookies you will probably enjoy these very much too.


White Chocolate Chip Nut Cookies

1 yellow cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
1/2 cup white chocolate baking chips
1/4 cup chopped walnuts

In a large mixing bowl combine the cake mix, eggs, butter, baking chips and nuts to form a thick sticky dough.  Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto a lightly greased baking pan.  Bake 9 to 11 minutes at 375 degrees until the edges just start to brown.  Remove to a cooling rack then store in an airtight container.  Makes approximately 2 dozen cookies.



Quick, easy and once again thrifty, just like the rest of the cake mix cookie recipes.  Needless to say none of these left our house.  My daughter confiscated every one of them, which was perfectly fine.  However, if you are able, these are definitely Christmas tin worthy and would make wonderful gifts.

This recipe makes a pretty fine chocolate chip cookie

Also if you follow this recipe and substitute 1/2 cup of chocolate chips for the white chips and nuts you've got yourself a really tasty chocolate chip cookie.  Or add the nuts too if you like those in your chocolate chip cookies.  Either way you've got a winner.

The white chocolate chip nut, oh my goodness!

I'm so happy to hear in the comments that many of you are trying these recipes and enjoying the series.  This is the final recipe for now.  I'm sure we'll come up with other recipes to try and share in the future though.  I hope you are all having a fun and delicious Christmas cookie season this year.




11 comments:

  1. These look good too.
    I'm starting off my Christmas baking today with your Andes chocolate cookie recipe. Couldn't find any mint chips so I bought a couple bags of Andes candies at the dollar store and am breaking them up.

    Thanks for all the wonderful recipes.

    Debra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh I bet your cookies will be soooo good! I'm glad you enjoyed this series. I had a lot of fun with it.

      Delete
    2. I finished my cookies today. Because of this last post, explaining how you can adapt things, I did just that.
      First I made the Andes cookies. As I mentioned, I couldn't find any mint chips so I just used a handful of chocolate chips in the batter.
      When they came out of the oven I put 1/2 of a miniature Andes candy on the top just pressing it down a bit into the cookie.
      That worked out great. They are yummy for sure.

      Then I had a white cake mix and following your directions for butter and eggs and timing I added slivered almonds and chopped walnuts (maybe 1/2 c total) and a teaspoon of almond extract that I've had forever.
      They turned out great too. I topped half of the batch with sprinkles to make them more festive. The other half I left plain.

      Finally I made the red velvet cookies. I topped them with vanilla icing and sprinkled some coconut on top.

      As you mentioned these recipes are very frugal when compared to the price of making regularly composed cookies.
      I got the cake mixes & icing for $1 each and everything else I had in the house already purchased at sale price levels.

      Thanks so much for running this series. I enjoyed reading about all the varieties you and your daughters made and enjoy.

      Merry Christmas,
      Debra

      Delete
    3. That is fantastic Debra! Your cookies sound so good, oh my gosh! I'm so happy to hear how much you like this cookie series. :0)

      Delete
  2. It would be interesting to compare all these to flour-sugar-cookie recipes. Is it just as frugal to use cake mix? Do you get less 'extra stuff?' Just thinking out loud...not griping, just thinking. And of course, I don't have time to do this myself...I'm expecting you to do it, because you have all the time in the world to fool around with comparisons!
    Now you can say, "Yeah, right. Stuff it, Brick." :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stuff it! We need to come up with a cookie that we stuff something inside. Like a peanut butter cup....
      Ha, ha!

      I kind of did a mental tally and I think if you do a lot of large batch baking then it might me more cost effective to use scratch recipes. But! If you don't already have a bunch of ingredients (or maybe live in an RV where space is at a premium) and just want to make a small batch of cookies AND you buy your mix on sale then I think this is a really thrifty solution.

      Delete
  3. Dear Thrifty Mom,

    Your comment about living in a RV or having limited storage space made me think about food banks. Your recipes could be copied and attached to boxes of cake mix donated to the local food bank along with the extra ingredients needed to finish the recipe. My sister has worked with families who use the food bank and they often do not have kitchenware to make meals which is why they purchase boxed meals so often. Your recipes could be made with a minimum of utensils.

    Thank you so much for sharing your recipes!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura that is a fantastic idea. I should do that next time I donate to the food bank. Thank you for that!

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...