Friday, December 13, 2019

Red Velvet Cookies



If you love red velvet cake then you will undoubtedly love these cookies.  Frosted with a little cream cheese frosting makes them the perfect treat for any special occasion.


Red Velvet Cookies

1 red velvet cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 Tbs water
1 tub cream cheese frosting


In a large mixing bowl combine the cake mix, eggs, oil and water to form a thick sticky dough.  Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto a lightly greased baking pan.  Bake 9 to 11 minutes at 375 degrees until the edges just start to brown.  Remove to a cooling rack then, once they have cooled completely, top with cream cheese frosting.  Store in an airtight container.  Makes approximately 2 dozen cookies.



These are both rich and delicious little cookies.  Very pretty too.  I think they'd not only be great to give out at Christmas, but also as a Valentine's Day dessert or gift.  Any red velvet lovers out there?


12 comments:

  1. Years ago my church hosted a Easter Egg Hunt/Bake Sale for our entire small town. I handed each lady in my church a different box of cake mix and instructions. We made tons of delicious cookies with this simple recipe and we were asked tons of times how to make them! Lynne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, what a fun project! I'm sure those cookies were a big success.

      Delete
  2. I have a red velvet cake mix and a cream cheese frosting AND a slab of cream cheese. YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these look good! Ok - so far I think I will try the Andes cookies, the egg nog ones and the red velvets

    I will let you know how it goes.

    Again, thanks for this series.

    Debra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol
      I realize the eggnog cookies aren't on your blog.
      If you're interested, it's a white cake mix - 2 eggs - 1/4c eggnog - and a teaspoon each of nutmeg & vanilla.

      Delete
    2. Looking forward to hearing about it! Have fun!

      Delete
    3. The eggnog cookies sound delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

      Delete
  4. I thought I posted this comment! I have the same box of Red Velvet Cake Mix and cream cheese frosting! I am too sick to stand up but I think I will make these tonight or maybe in the morning.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...