Monday, February 4, 2013

Last Week’s Thrifty Moves


The Sunday paper yielded some nice coupons and three Albertson’s coupon doublers so I headed to Walmart Monday morning and this is what I got:
 

·         2 bottles Welch’s grape juice, $2.48 each less $2 in coupons = final price $1.48 each
·         2 bottles Kens salad dressing, $2.38 each less $2 in coupons = final price $1.38 each
·         2 boxes Keebler crackers, $2.50 each less $2 in coupons = final price $1.50 each 

On Tuesday, while picking up office supplies for the shop, I bought a twin pack of Colgate toothbrushes at the $ store using a 50¢ coupon making them 25¢ each.  I will save them for the girl’s Easter baskets.  Hopefully I’ll be able to add toothpaste later on.

 
I finished one of my scrap yarn afghans and put it away in our little RV. 

I started saving milk jugs and other containers to start seedlings in for our garden. 

I stopped for some produce at a local market near work and they gave me free veggie scraps for my chickens. 

The girls used newspaper to add extra bedding to the chicken’s nests. 

My Mom gave me several skeins of yarn, most of them brand new.
 
Thanks Mom!
My free copy of Prevention magazine and book Healing Foods arrived in the mail.  I canceled the supscription.

On Saturday I took the girls on a free museum tour of the Bown House.  We stopped on the way home for 99¢ Frostys at Wendys.  This was a big treat and totally unexpected so they were thrilled. 

Another stop on the way home at a thrift store netted us two brand new, tags still on, hooded winter coats for the girls at $9.99 each!  I also picked up two quart sized canning jars for 65¢ each. (I know it is No Spend Month but I’ll explain why these purchases came to be in tomorrow’s post). 

I started knitting a Christmas gift with leftover yarn in my knitting bag.

8 comments:

  1. Wow.. well done! You do so very well! I love the scrappy & fun look of the afghan!! Great find on the winter coats for the girls! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the afghan. You got some great deals.

    K

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...