Monday, February 25, 2013

Last Week’s Thrifty Moves


I made two batches of soup for the freezer. 

I didn’t shop much this week.  On Wednesday I did shop for produce, which has now become a weekly occurrence, using a store coupon that gave me $4 off a $20 produce purchase at Fred Meyer. 

I purchased a brand new Dolce & Gabbana top from eBay for $13 using funds I already had in my PayPal account.  It is a pretty lime green, white and black paisley print that I can wear with a number of items I have in my closet, including my suit. 

I finished two afghans this week.  The one for my aunt and the other “scrap” one.  I decided to make the scrap yarn afghan much bigger than I originally intended and ended up buying four more skeins to complete it.  It now resides on my youngest's bed.  I am really happy with both of them and that I was able to get them completed so quickly. 

I finished watching the first two seasons of Downton Abbey with a free one-month trial of Amazon Prime.  Now I know what all the buzz is about.  I plan to cancel the trial before the month is up. 

Because gas has risen 75¢ a gallon in the last month I’ve limited my driving and combined errands to save as much gas as possible.  I only ran errands one time this week. 

The chickens blessed us with 12 eggs this week.

2 comments:

  1. Lots of great savings this week! I still haven't caught Downton Abbey yet, but it's on my list... did you enjoy it? It seems like *everyone* is watching it! lol!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really did enjoy Downton Abbey and I love Maggie Smith's character. Now I'm in the "in" crowd. :)

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...