Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Sunday Morning Solitude


I love my Sunday mornings.  For as long as I can remember I have risen early on Sunday mornings, long before anyone else, fixed my coffee and settled in to a certain routine of planning, goal strategizing and reflection. 

The house is so peaceful while everyone is busy sleeping in.  I usually end up with a cat in my lap as I read the Sunday paper, clip coupons and peruse the ads.  I map out a shopping strategy so I can take advantage of sales to fill my freezer or pantry, spending as little money as possible in the process.  I check over my future shopping lists and make any necessary adjustments. 

I spend some time on my computer updating my Facebook pages, reading and answering emails, researching for information I may need, paying bills, typing letters, reading the news, or watching a video or two on Youtube.  Whatever I feel like doing at that particular moment. 

By the time my rear end is tired of sitting I’ve moved onto the kitchen to begin whatever food preparation plan I have set up for myself.  Usually this entails getting a loaf of bread dough started in my bread machine, trying a new recipe, baking dessert for Sunday supper or breakfast breads for the coming week. 

While things bake I take the opportunity to clean up the kitchen, maybe organize something that needs sprucing up or start a load of laundry.  Usually the phone is attached to my ear as I chat with my mother at this point. 

By the time my girls are up and rambling around it is time to prepare brunch and start whatever I have planned for supper.  It is time to begin our day and spend time together as a family.  I am energized and ready because of the time I was allowed to spend by myself beforehand. 

I heartily recommend that you carve some alone time for yourself out of your busy schedule if you don’t already do so.  And if you do, how are some of the ways you spend your alone time?

2 comments:

  1. I am *trying* to wake myself up earlier than the house gets up so I have peaceful quiet time to read my Bible and drink my coffee in solitude. It's hard as i'm a night owl and not often to bed before midnight-1am. So I need to work on that... Other than that I use my 'me' time for working on custom orders, photography, etc...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the most important thing is to have that allotted time for ourselves. I really want to work on an allotment of "sewing time". :) Enjoy your day!

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...