Thursday, February 21, 2013

My Best Buy This Year So Far


Last month I had planned to dye my black leather jacket, again.  However, as I was preparing to do so I discovered that I had worn a significant portion of my right cuff away and the left cuff was starting to look almost as bad.

Now I like distressed leather as much as the next girl but we are talking beyond distressed.  We’ve hit ratty and ratty isn’t a fashion statement.  I guess after 12 years of constant use it is to be expected.  I love my jacket so I will keep it to use for camping and working outside in the yard or cutting wood with my Dad. 

This latest turn of events has had me hunting for a suitable replacement and I don’t have to tell you leather coats aren’t cheap, but surprisingly not more expensive than what I paid for my jacket originally. 

This week I was able to get one.  I found a brand new Nine West leather coat on eBay and was able to get it with a winning bid of $36.00!  After shipping my total price was $50.20.  I am thrilled! 

I now have a lovely new coat to wear to work and out and about that looks nice regardless of what else I’m wearing and for a fraction of what it would have cost at Nordstrom or Dillard’s.  I wonder if it will last me for the next 12 years.

 

4 comments:

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...