Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Our Cloth Napkins


A couple weeks ago I found a darling fruit basket on sale at ShopKo for $4.99.  I wanted one just like this to keep our cloth napkins in so I was very happy when I found exactly what I was looking for.  Even more so that it was on sale.

After placing the napkins in the basket it looked so cute I decided it needed to be on the shelf of our cabinet in the dining room.  It looks great sitting there too.  Do you use cloth napkins or do you prefer paper?


For the longest time I used paper napkins but I can't say I loved them.  I decided a little more than a year ago to make my own cloth napkins and use them instead.  I definitely can say I LOVE my cloth napkins.

I made them with fabric from my stash using up a bunch of extras pieces I had.  They are made from two pieces stitched together so they are extra durable and absorbent.  The cotton blend fabrics I used make them easy to launder and they come out relatively wrinkle free.


I made some using fall themed fabric which are perfect for our Thanksgiving table, a Hawaiian print for BBQs on the deck, and calico prints for everyday use.  This year I hope to make some out of Christmas print fabric.

Want to make some like I did?  This is how Idid it.



4 comments:

  1. I love cloth napkins!! I collected about 30 of them from thrift stores and have had them in use for over 10 years! Love love love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use both cloth and paper napkins. I prefer the cloth ones for dinner and family meals. I love the fabrics you used to make your cloth napkins! And the basket is absolutely perfect- what a nice display! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have a friend that likes to tease me for being hoity toity. So be it. :)

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...