Thursday, October 16, 2014

Quick Upgrade

Did I show you this?


When we moved back in to our home we discovered the glass globes were missing and presumably broken from two of our ceiling fans.

A few years ago I had bought a contractors set of ceiling light fixtures at Lowes.  They were really nice and I was able to upgrade several light fixtures throughout the house at a considerable savings.  Plus they all matched, which for some, like me, is a big deal.

Lucky for me I happened to have one left in my garage and since the fan is pretty old and outdated I decided to upgrade that old thing by using our one remaining light fixture.



Now both bedrooms upstairs have matching lighting and it didn't cost me anything extra to do it.  My daughter is thrilled because her room no longer has a light fixture with a bare exposed bulb.  Just in time for her upcoming sleepover in which she is trying to make everything in her room look perfect.

I cannibalized the outdated ceiling fan before I scrapped it by removing the pull switches and the wire nuts.  I always need extra wire nuts and I am hoping to use one of the pull switches to repair the broken one in our dining room fixture.  I'll let you know if that works out.  I also kept some of the screws that held it together for my coffee can of miscellaneous fasteners I keep in the garage.


I spent about twenty minutes replacing the light, the girls helped me with the clean up and one more item is now out of the garage.  Definitely feeling good about this project all the way around.

Contractor's packs are a great way to save a chunk of money if you have multiple things to replace like electrical outlets, light fixtures, door locks, sprinkler heads, etc.  Check them out next time you have a big project planned.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...