Friday, October 24, 2014

Spicy Italian Sausage & Pasta


We loooooove this recipe.  Super simple to make and fast too.

Spicy Italian Sausage & Pasta

1 pkg. hot Italian sausages
2 cans Italian style diced tomatoes
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tsp. dried basil
2Tbs. olive oil
1 pound pasta, cooked and drained
Parmesan cheese

Slice the sausage links.  


Heat oil in a large pot and sauté sausage.  


Add tomatoes, one tomato can filled with water, garlic and basil stirring well to combine.  


I start my pasta water while I saute the sausage
so it is done at the same time the sauce is ready.
Simmer for 20 minutes.  Stir occasionally.

Basil & fresh garlic added.
Toss pasta together with sausage and sauce.  Serve garnished with parmesan.


If spicy isn't your thing the mild Italian sausage is every bit as delicious in this recipe.  Either way you can't go wrong. J



5 comments:

  1. Yum! Will be trying this for sure. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love when you post recipes, it gives me ideas to try and inspiration. I make something similar to this, but I am going to try your recipe. And we are wimps so I will be using the mild Italian sausage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenn! It is really good with the mild sausage. Enjoy!

      Delete
  3. This sounds like a great recipe to try. Thanks for sharing this..

    Simon

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...