Friday, September 21, 2018

A Couple More Thrifty Little Projects



I had a busy week last week, but I still wanted to create a few crafty things for our home.  The first thing I made was super quick and super easy to put together.  I wanted to make a tiered cake plate.  I've wanted one for a long time and decided to make one using a couple items I picked up at dollar tree.


I purchased a clear glass candlestick and a clear glass plate.  I used some E6000 glue I had and ran a bead of the adhesive around the top of the candlestick.  I glued it to the center of the underside of the plate and set our newly filled soap dispenser on top of it to act as a weight.  I left it sit overnight.  The glue cured completely in 24 hours and it was ready to use.





I like having it to put fresh fruits and veggies on.  It is also a really versatile piece to use for entertaining.  By pairing it with various dishes I have I can make it tiered for serving desserts or appetizers.  Who knows?  I may even put a cake on it sometime.  Or cupcakes.


The other project I did was to create a fall banner for our fireplace mantle.  This one was super quick and easy too.  I had some twine and a package of mini craft clothespins already in my stash.  I picked up this 50 piece package of leaves at the dollar store.



After cutting a piece of twine the length I needed I evenly spaced the leaves and pinned them in place with these cute little clothespins.  When I was done I just used a couple pieces of tape to attach it to the mantle.  How cute is this?


I used the leftover leaves to decorate the mantle and centerpiece on our table a little bit more.  I think it all turned out really pretty.


12 comments:

  1. Where did you find the little clothes pins?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That mantel is so cheerful! I smile everytime I see that pic. Your craft projects all turned out so well! But my favorite part is your chicken teapot--it adds a snap of sass to a sweet vignette!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue. That is Roger. He's a favorite around here. :)

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...