Thursday, September 20, 2018

My New Morning Routine



Now that I have a new work schedule and school is back in session I thought I'd share my new morning routine with you.  I go into work an hour later than I used to and I find that I can be pretty productive in that extra bit of time I have each morning.

I used to get up at 5:30 and start my day, but I've bumped it to 6:00 now.  I get up and make my bed right away, first thing.  Then into the bathroom to wash my face, brush my hair and plug in my flat iron.  I shower at night before bed so the girls have full access to the upstairs bathroom in the mornings.

Zucchini bread makes a quick breakfast for the girls

Next I head into the kitchen and get myself a hot cup of coffee and fix our lunches.  They usually are made up of leftovers and most of the time I have that dished up the night before so all I need to do is assemble everything into our lunch boxes and add the ice packs.  I also start a little bit of hot soapy dishwater to wash up any dishes from putting lunches together and the girls fixing their breakfast.

As you may already know I have 15 minute chores I do each day to stay on top of our housework and I do those in the mornings now instead of after work like I used to.  If it is a watering day I will also go outside and start the sprinklers and set the timer to remind me to move it or shut it off.


The girls leave before I do now so that gives me a good forty five minutes of solitude and quiet.  I will usually spend that time checking emails, writing, paying bills or financial planning.  It is also a great time for me to check the weekly grocery ads and do meal planning too.

Fifteen minutes before I leave for work I flat iron my hair, moisturize, put on deodorant, lip balm, get dressed and I am ready to go.  I keep a very simple and basic work wardrobe that is easy to maintain and makes decision making easy so I spend about ten minutes tops with five to spare.


Lastly I empty out the dish drainer, wipe down the counters and rinse out the sinks.  Once I make sure all the lights are off and doors are locked I'm headed off on my five minute commute to the office.  I am very thankful to live so close to work and not have a long commute and I really like my new schedule too.  It allows me to get more done at the beginning of my day so I'm freed up at the end to spend more time with my girls and their activities.


6 comments:

  1. Hi,
    This my first time commenting, but I have been reading your blog for several months. I love your blog, and I'm so inspired by all you get done in a day. I have always done my cleaning on Mondays. I wake up super early to get it all done before I go into work. I don't love cleaning--but I HAVE to have a clean house. It just sets the tone for my week. Anyways, I love your blog, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thank you for commenting. I'm so glad you did. A clean and tidy home just makes my world seem right. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi. I also asked this on Facebook. What is in that spray bottle? Homemade cleaning?
    Also it looks like you use a lot of generic products. Do they work as well? Thanks. Btw your home always looks immaculate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put Fabulosa in the spray bottle with water. It is really concentrated so I use about 1/3 Fabulosa and the rest water. Sprayway is a great window cleaner I get at either Walmart or Home Depot. I use Comet in the bathrooms. Palmolive dish soap, sometimes bleach or vinegar and that is pretty much it. I don't have a lot of cleaners.

      Delete
  3. I need to be as organized as you! This post will help me get some things done before I head to the kitchen. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...