Friday, September 14, 2018

My Latest Fall Projects



Sunday morning I got up ready to dive right back into my latest crafting projects.  Before I went to bed on Saturday I had cut some wood and trim pieces to size.  I had also glued two pieces of wood together to sit overnight and stained the trim. 

Trim pieces all sanded, stained and drying


I also printed out some cute graphics I'd put together on my laptop playing with font and adding a pumpkin clipart image.  I used gray color on my font so it would be more muted and some peach colored stationery I had in my paper stash.  By Sunday morning I was really excited to finish my project.



I used Modge Podge to adhere my Harvest and Fall graphics onto each of the wood pieces and allowed them to dry.  Then I turned them over onto my cutting board and used a razor knife to trim the paper flush with the edges.


Using finish nails I added the trim pieces to the edges of each sign.


Then back outside to give them each a good coat of outdoor spray varathane. 


A simple little extra touch
(By the way, the girls have vetoed any staining or painting of the crate)

Once they were dry I added then to my fall porch decor along with a black basket I'd picked up at Dollar Tree and filled with some plastic pumpkins I'd bought at Walmart about five years ago.  Last year I had decided to purge these and at the last minute took them to my office to decorate.  This year I dragged them back home for my porch.  I'm glad now I didn't send them to the thrift store.

These signs are all the rage right now

Super fun to make my own


How cute is this?!

A light sanding easily took off most of the finish

A couple coats of paint and some varathane

The next project was to take an old frame I've had for nearly 30 years and give it a new purpose.  The finish was pretty worn so I gave it a light sanding and two coats of black spray paint followed by a coat of varathane.

So cute!

While the paint dried I printed out a Fresh Eggs graphic I'd found on a free clipart site online.  I used gray paper instead of white so it would be more muted.  I didn't want a glaring white page.  I used my paper cutter to get it sized for the 8" X 10" frame.  After washing both sides of the glass with a little window cleaner I fit it back into the frame along with my new graphic design.  Once the back was reattached to the frame it was ready to hang.


I really love this new addition to my kitchen.

My rummage sale finds from last Saturday

The last project for the morning was to take my cute little yard sale find and spruce it up a bit.  One of the little pumpkins was missing a nose so I used my hot glue gun and gave him a new one by placing a blob where his nose used to be.  Once it set I used some acrylic paint I had in my craft stash and gave all of their noses a refresh.

I thought this was so stinking cute!

A little glob of hot glue to replace the missing nose

I picked this up at Hobby Lobby quite awhile ago
I thought it would be perfect for this project

I had removed the bedraggled curling ribbon from it so I added some Trick Or Treat ribbon I had picked up at Hobby Lobby several years ago.  How stinking cute is that?  In October I'll find a place to display it for Halloween.  I think my 25¢ purchase turned out to be a great investment.

I gave all of their noses a fresh coat of paint
I have called Spiced Carrot, perfect match!

This bow turned out so cute!

They all look pretty pleased with their makeover

I finished all three of these projects in my pajamas.  I was too excited to get started to bother getting dressed first.  It was a ton of fun and I'm anxious to get busy and make some more stuff.   Whooo hooo!



8 comments:

  1. Everything looks great! I especially like the Fresh Eggs sign, that's really adorable. I have almost no wall space in my kitchen, so there's no place to hang anything, which is a bummer, but hey, that's also pretty thrifty, since I don't need anything! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is the name of the font for Harvest? Please! I love the curlicue "H".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks 4 sharing your craft projects. They are very pretty. After seeing your dollar tree pumpkin make over. I stopped at my local dollar tree to get one.
    Got some green ribbon at a craft store (with coupon, of course) and made one too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ellie. I'm glad I could inspire you to get creative. Enjoy!

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...