Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Christmas Project #7 - Face Cloths & Soap



This is a simple, thrifty, practical and lovely gift to give and receive.  A pretty little face cloth to use a long with a bar of scented soap.  Who wouldn't appreciate that?


Last year I bought a big package of wash cloths at Walmart for a project I was working on.  I still had a bunch leftover as well as some leftover flannel fabric in my stash from making the girl's pajama bottoms last Christmas.  I cut the flannel a bit oversize and stitched on top of the wash cloth.  On two of them I added some short bits of white ruffle I had saved.



I decided to stitch them all together with a decorative stitch and with one set I used a contrasting thread.  I was wishing I'd done that on all of them as I really like how it looks.  Then I used my pinking shears to trim the flannel next to the finished edge of the wash cloth.  And that was it!



You could make one and pair it with a bar of soap for a coworker or an entire stack of them for a friend or family member.  A bottle of shower gel would also be nice with these.  I collect the smaller bottles at Bath & Body Works gel and lotion all year round as they send me coupons to get one free pretty much every month.  Last year I picked up some of the Yardley soap bars on sale at Walgreens for 69¢ each.  They are $1 each at the dollar store, which isn't a bad price either.  I think these would make wonderful baby shower gifts too if you paired them with a bottle of baby wash and some lotion.


This was a fun and quick project with loads of possibilities.  I spent about an hour picking out my fabrics, stitching them together and then cleaning up my mess.  Not too bad really, considering I knocked two more gifts off my list and I used all items I already had on hand making it a very low cost gift that will fit in any budget.



3 comments:

  1. I love this idea. I have lot of left over flannel from baby burp cloths. I like that you used pinking shears, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the pinking shears were a good way to "finish" the edges and its cute too. :)

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...