Friday, October 26, 2018

Day Planner Stuff From Dollar Tree



When I first started using a day planner I made my own using items I already had on hand.  I always enjoyed looking at the various ones at the store, but at the time I couldn't afford to by one.  Still, seeing the value of a day planner, I was able to come up with a homemade option that has worked well for me and as time went by I would tweak it and make it better.  I think this year my day planner is the mac daddy of all day planners and I'm super excited about it.


Last week when the oldest and I stopped into Dollar Tree I got even more excited when I discovered all the day planner options they were stocking.  Mostly the super cool stickers to use in you day planners.


They had a great selection and boy are they cute!  My daughter and I sat on the floor in the office supply/teacher aisle and went through everything they had.  I picked out several packets, more than I need right now, but I was having fun.  So was she.


It is safe to say I'll be set for many years to come with day planner and journal supplies.  I also found a really cute hot pink polka dot zippered pencil pouch to add to my planner.  It will be perfect to keep my grocery coupons in.


I found a few more card and paper crafting items to add to my stash as well as some post-it notes.  I also picked up some mini tablets for a fun little holiday gift/craft project I'll be sharing with all of you in the not too distant future.


If you use a day planner or journal and want to add some fun little touches check out the options available at Dollar Tree.  I know there are some women out there that spend well over $100 on their day planners each year, but if that isn't an option for you, and it isn't for me, then I recommend hitting the dollar store for supplies so you can make your own for a fraction of the cost.


6 comments:

  1. I didn’t know they stocked these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget the Christmas and Thanksgiving decoration areas! I saw some terrific snowflake decals at our local Dollar Tree, and got ribbon imprinted with cats (as if I knew you liked cats) and spiders. (What my crazy quilting customers enjoy)
    While you're there, check the 'C.Trader' brand of jam. (It might be 'G.Trader,' but is made in Egypt.) We really liked their Danish Choice, but they no longer stock it. The clerk raved about the Trader stuff...said she had a customer who came in exclusively just for it. I go for raspberry flavor.
    Ditto for chocolate-covered grahams. Oh my.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to pop in and see if I can find the kitty cat ribbon. I saw the spiders last time I was in. They really have some super cute stuff.

      Delete
  3. You're quite an inspiration! I may head out to Dollar Tree this morning and get to planning our 2019 :-)

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...