Friday, October 12, 2018

Things I Cleaned This Week



As many of you know I have created a cleaning schedule and each day I tackle a part of our home spending about 15 minutes cleaning or starting and folding a load of wash.  It always amazes me just how much I can get done in that short span of time and thank goodness I can because sometimes our schedule is nuts.  Last week was one of those nutty weeks so I didn't spend the full 15 minutes on my chores and it was beginning to show.

Downstairs bathroom

On Sunday my chore is to dust and vacuum the entire downstairs of our house while the girls do the upstairs and I also run a load or two of laundry.  Sunday is also the day we change our sheets on our beds.  I began my day by getting busy with that vacuum cleaner and dusting all the surfaces in our home.  I also decided it was time to wash all the kitty nose prints off of the inside of our living and dining room windows.

I try to keep it tidy everyday

Once the girls were up it was time to gather all of our laundry together and strip the beds.  A load of clothes were washed followed by a load of sheets.  While laundry ran I decided to get a jumpstart on my week ahead so I did my Monday chores and completely cleaned the downstairs bathroom and mopped the floor.

Clean potty

Cleaning the bathroom took less than 15 minutes so I went ahead and took everything off of the washer and dryer and wiped them down with some spray cleaner and a rag.  While I worked on this the oldest completely cleaned the upstairs bathroom while the youngest mowed the lawn and took care of all of our animals.

My bedroom

My Friday chore is to clean my bedroom and I didn't do it last week, or the week before for that matter.  I know, shame on me!  So I got busy and gave the whole room a good dusting and vacuuming.  Then it was time to put the clean sheets back on the bed along with my winter blanket.  Now my room is neat, clean and tidy and my bed is ready for the cooler temperatures.  I should stay nice and toasty warm while I sleep.

My bed all outfitted for winter

After washing up the meal prep dishes I still had the cleaning bug so I went ahead and hit the dining room while I was at it.  I had already run the vacuum in here and the kitchen too so I took everything off of the shelves and wiped them down, then put everything back.  Then I wiped down the table and chairs as well as the chair rails.  Took me less than 10 minutes and the dining room looks fantastic.

My sewing area

Our kitchen is always a work in progress because we use it so much.  We all take turns washing dishes, sometimes trading days with each other if we get super busy, and I'm always wiping, cleaning or mopping something in there.  I like to keep my microwave and stove nice and clean and I'll wipe down the handles and front of the refrigerator often too.  On Sunday, after I finished cooking I gave my stove a spray and quick wipe down to remove any grease and residue.  I also wiped out the inside of the microwave and washed the plate.  It only takes a moment if to do and doesn't become a big chore if you don't let things build up.

Laundry, like dishes, is never really done

On Wednesday I ran a load of laundry and we all folded it and put it away, super quick.  As the week progressed I vacuumed a couple more times with my little Bissell stick vac and we all made sure to pick up after ourselves at the end of each day so we all wake up to a tidy and clean home.

Laundry room all neat and tidy

I spent about an hour and a half getting things done on Sunday and it really helped to get me caught up from the prior week and ahead for this one.  I stayed on top of my chores this week and got myself back on track too which makes me really happy.

Another shot of the laundry room
Bifold doors lead into the bathroom

So even if you get off track a little bit all is not lost.  You just get caught back up and proceed, business as usual!




8 comments:

  1. Your home looks so clean and orderly. You and the girls do a great job together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I try to keep up with the house, but it's SO hard when I have no help, and my family seems to think we have a maid and just dumps their stuff all over. I'm trying to find a balance point of 'I clean everything and end up causing myself pain and having no time for anything else' versus 'I leave everyone else's stuff that they dump all over and take care of my own stuff and the entire house is chaos and everyone is angry at me for not picking their stuff up.' Not sure where that balance point is...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must have the patience of a saint. I can't deal with dumping crap everywhere, it sets my nerves off and I become a roaring banshee. I think my kids are so much better about it now that they are older, but when they were younger it was awful. Now the only place they get to dump stuff is in their bedrooms, I can't hardly look in there some days. It has been a process of constant nagging to get it that way though. I feel like I finally got over that mountain. It is no fun to nag at you family and I do it A LOT less nowadays.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Lee Ann. I love it too. I found it at Fred Meyer when we moved back into our house and I decided to buy it for myself for my 50th birthday.

      Delete
  4. Have you posted on frugal beauty/cosmetics? I would love your input.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will think about it and see what I can do :)

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...