Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Thanksgiving Is My Favorite Holiday



When it comes to holidays Thanksgiving Day is by far my very favorite one.  It always has been and for a load of different reasons.  For one there is the food and because I love to cook and feed people Thanksgiving Day is right up my alley.  I usually start cooking the night before by baking pies and brining the turkey.  Then the next day I'm up early preparing homemade dinner rolls and get stuff ready to put in the oven.

I take my time and set a pretty table with my grandma's lace tablecloth and china and my great grandmas silver.  I have a cut crystal bowl that belonged to my other grandma that I use as well as many other family pieces that make their way onto my table.  It is a really special day for me.

We play games, work puzzles, watch movies from our DVD collection or play music, talk, laugh and visit.  Anyone is welcome to join us, we can always make room.  It is a time to relax and just focus on the day itself and reflect on all we have to be grateful for.  And believe me, we ALL have a lot to give thanks for.

I hope all of you have a very blessed Thanksgiving tomorrow and are surrounded by love and really good food.  And for those of you outside the U.S. that aren't celebrating Thanksgiving I wish you a wonderful day as well.


2 comments:

  1. It's my favorite holiday too. I have loved it since I was a child, particularly Thanksgiving Eve. I loved the half day of school, crunching leaves (or sometimes squeaking snow) as I walked home before noon, to come home to a house that my mother had cleaned, with a table she had started laying with her gorgeous China, and the beginnings of the aromas of dinner to waft from the kitchen. As my siblings started leaving for college, it was really special to me, representing the first time I had seen them since August.
    I refuse to call this anything other than "Thanksgiving." I can't even type the other "T" word this holiday gets called. Happy Thanksgiving. Thank you for such an enjoyable blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Meg, those are such wonderful memories. I have pumpkin pie baking in the oven as I am reading this. Thank you for sharing. Happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy your special day!

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...