Thursday, November 1, 2018

The Practice Of Gratitude



I believe that if you practice gratitude on a daily basis you become a happier and more content person.  I do it every day and often throughout the day.  It has become a really good habit for me to fall into.  During the week my days are busy and often hectic.  It isn't possible, most of the time, for me to have moments of quiet to collect my thoughts, but with one exception.  On my way to work.

I have about 5 to 6 minutes in the car (I have a very short commute) where I am completely by myself and I choose to use that time to say my prayers and thank God for all that I have, all that I have become and for all that He has blessed me with.  I always pray for guidance and patience as I navigate my day, especially if there is something I may be struggling with, and of course to watch over and protect my children while they are away from me.  It isn't a lot of time, but it is good quality time and it really sets me up to start my day in the right frame of mind.

My greatest blessings right here

I find that by practicing gratitude I'm much calmer, more content with what I have and at peace with who I have become.  I no longer have doubts about whether I am a good enough person or if I'm doing the right things.  If money is tight or I don't have something I need or want I remind myself of what I do have and I am extremely grateful.  I know that I've been very blessed to be able to raise my children and provide for them all that I've been able to provide and still be able to provide plenty for myself as well.  In a lot of ways we have more than we need.  We are blessed with abundance.

My mantra is to always try to be better and do better.  Don't give up or give in.  Keep on trying, no matter what.  And to always be grateful and thankful.  As a result I find I have had far greater successes in my life.  It feels amazing.  The daily practice of gratitude has been the best decision I've ever made.



6 comments:

  1. great post and very true. I know we are blessed in my home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post on gratitude - it is always a good idea to be thankful and to pray for guidance. :) Your beautiful daughters are indeed great blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very blessed!!! I realize it more and more each day. Your daughters are gorgeous and you are raising them to be such smart young ladies.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...