Wednesday, November 13, 2019

What Are You Planning For Thanksgiving?



This year we are having company for Thanksgiving which has me very excited and happy.  I think we're even going to have my daughter's college roommate staying with us as she is from Taiwan and has no plans for the weekend.  I just couldn't have her staying alone in the dorms while everyone else was away.  No way!


Thanksgiving is my most favorite holiday as I get to spend loads of time in my little kitchen preparing a ton of food for those I love.  And even though I also get to wash a ton of dishes I'm rewarded with several days of reheatable leftovers for easy meals afterward.  Makes all the effort worth it in my opinion.  The ultimate food prep day!


We will be having the usual traditional meal because my family absolutely loves that.  Turkey, gravy, dressing, mashed potatoes, rolls, etc.  A veritable starch fest, but they'll all be happy.  I can usually pick out enough keto friendly items to be adequately satisfied and I'll likely enjoy a dinner roll or two.  That will be my big splurge.  And I can whip up a plethora of low carb desserts too.


What are you preparing this year for Thanksgiving?  Are you having company or are you company?  Are you traveling this year?  What is your favorite dish at the table?  Most importantly, what are you most thankful for?



6 comments:

  1. None of our sons and their families will be here this Thanksgiving. We might go no keto and just have a grilled cheese and some ice cream

    ReplyDelete
  2. No company. I will either cook turkey breast with all the fixings or have a turkey. Cranberry sauce, giblet gravy with eggs in it, mashed potatoes, green beans will be for sure. Anything else is just extra.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds a lot like what will be on our table too. Enjoy!

      Delete
  3. By family vote, I will be roasting 2 ducks and making Duck Panang Curry, to be accompanied by my daughter's Pad Thai noodles and a large Thai-style salad with peanut sauce dressing. Probably chocolate pecan bars for dessert, since everyone loves those. My kids do not like mashed potatoes, dressing, cranberry sauce, gravy, or green bean casserole. How I raised kids who won't eat taters but who will eat duck curry is beyond me. But I will be grateful we are all together, healthy, and happy and give thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your meal sounds delicious. We have so much to be thankful for ourselves. :0)

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...