Monday, November 4, 2019

Last Week's Thrifty Moves



Not a whole lot happened last week.  I went to work and my daughter went to school and dance team practice as usual.  The house drama (as I've come to call it) took a very interesting turn.  I'm deciding how much to share or whether I should share any of it so please be patient with me.  I also want to see how it all plays out first as it has been a complete roller coaster of events.

So much delicious food!

On Halloween my daughter and I celebrated by going to dinner at our favorite neighborhood Mexican restaurant.  We shared a fajita dinner which was absolutely huge.  We came home stuffed and with over half our meal in containers which we enjoyed again on Friday for supper and I had lunch on Saturday and Sunday.  Two meals for the price of one, but in our case it was six meals!  And so very delicious.  We had a really nice time together too so that made it even better.


Saturday morning I was up long before daylight tackling a big project that has been on my list.  What is it you ask?  Well as usual you will have to wait and see, but what I will tell you is I spent all weekend on it and my heart was singing!

Once again I did not do any grocery shopping which has been very nice I must say.  After all that stocking up for winter it has been great to have a break.

Saturday I put all the Halloween decor away

I decluttered some papers, put a top that no longer fits me into the donation bag and started going through my kitchen cupboards to see if there are things I want to get rid of, pass along to my girls (my oldest wants her own apartment next year) or reorganize.

I worked quite a bit of overtime last week. 

I made up one of my 69¢ brownie mixes I got on sale a while back to take into work and share with my co-workers on Halloween.


I used a rubber spatula to scrape out the last of the mayonnaise jar.  I had enough to use in some chicken salad for my daughter's lunch.

I used up every last drop of a bottle of lotion that has been sitting upside down on my desk at work for the past couple weeks.


Some of the 15 Minute Chores I accomplished to keep my home in order:

Laundry Room & Half Bathroom - vacuumed floors, cleaned washer & dryer.  Daily swish & swipe.

Dining Room - vacuumed floor, cleaned dining room chairs.

Kitchen -  vacuumed & spot mopped the floor, cleaned microwave.

Bedrooms & Main Bathroom - vacuumed & dusted.  Cleaned mirror, the floor & scrubbed the sink.  Daily swish & swipe.

Other - two loads of laundry, vacuumed & dusted living room, hallway & entry.  Swept front porch & garage.  Raked up a huge pile of leaves.

How was your thrifty week?


6 comments:

  1. Between the snow and the cold weather, I didn't get out much last week. That definitely helps the budget!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is does. It has been really chilly here. Fortunately Saturday was nice and I was able to work outside most of the day.

      Delete
  2. The project cliffhangers are back! Yay! CANNOT wait to see what you've done!
    It's fine if you can't share what's happening with your house; sometimes it's wisest to keep your cards close to your vest. You never know who is reading!
    How was your Halloween? Did you have many trick-or-treaters? It was so rainy and windy here in CT we had only a handful. So sad. And I sure don't need that extra candy hanging around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I know how you love your cliffhangers.

      Everyone has been so sweet and encouraging and I do appreciate it but yes, like you say sometimes it is best. I know now what is shareable and I will do that soon.

      We usually don't get any trick or treaters. So I didn't have to buy any candy and we went out to dinner instead.

      Delete
  3. You, my dear, are a flirt.
    I am dying to know what the new housing development is. (Get it?) However, I am willing (sniff) to wait.

    We're currently living in the fifth wheel in my mom's backyard in Michigan. She wants to do what she normally does -- feed us, take us around to stuff, etc. It's taken a lot of effort to get her to split the meal responsibilities, let us pay for our use of utilities, etc etc. But she is gradually understanding that for us, the fifth wheel is HOME now.
    It's done very well through a number of frost nights, and three snowstorms. It's nice and snug in there.
    On the negative side, I picked up some kind of bug when we attended a family reunion in Olathe, KS last week. The doctor's pronouncement today: brochitis -- and one lung has pneumonia. So I plan to take it a little more quietly this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am aren't I? LOL More news coming soon.

      So happy to hear the 5th wheel is working out nicely. Do take care of yourself and feel better soon. I'm praying for a speedy recovery my friend.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...