Tuesday, November 5, 2019

The Odd Things That Bring Me Joy



This past Saturday I bought myself a ladder and I was absolutely giddy about it.  As I carried it out of Home Depot I don't think my feet even touched the pavement I was so excited and overjoyed.

Over six years ago we downsized our home and possessions to the point of moving into an RV so we could do some traveling and move south to warmer weather.  As most of you know, if you've followed my blog for awhile, that idea didn't pan out and we ended up in our RV in Boise for a little more than a year before moving back into our house.  Our ladder was sold in a yard sale as were many other things and I've been trying to make do without one.

Black cats walking under ladders?  Hmmmmm....

I have two friends that have been wonderful to lend me a ladder whenever I needed one and I really appreciated it so much.  Between that and our two step stepladder I've managed to make it work for the past five years.  However, I really wanted to replace my ladder and have one of my own again.

No matter where I live a ladder will be essential so I was able to justify the purchase and I pulled the trigger and bought one.  For someone who is afraid of heights you would think a ladder wouldn't be such a big deal.  But for some reason it really is and I'm over the moon to have my own ladder again.  Crazy, the odd things that bring me joy, but this ladder makes me very happy.


12 comments:

  1. I'm guessing the new ladder guest-starred in your latest home renovation cliffhanger? :^) :^) You should start your own home reno series on YouTube!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You little missie will just have to wait and see! I'm super excited. Eeeeee! I love Youtube but I have no desire to be on it! LOL

      Delete
  2. Such a delightful post! I love the fact that you found delight in something so basic. Attitude is everything!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I have my own step stool but no ladder. I need a safety ladder with a bar to hang onto so I don’t fall. Enjoy your new pretty blue ladder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally understand. I get excited over new hedge clippers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your description is similar to when I bought my first cordless drill. I was soooo excited! Enjoy the ladder.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would be over-delighted to have a ladder, too. I had one that Daddy gave me in 1967, but it died. Really, I was afraid to get on it eventually. I am like that--pleased to get simple things.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...