Monday, April 27, 2020

Last Week's Thrifty Moves


 

I appreciate the quiet.  No crowds, less traffic, less busyness and the air is fresher.  Much fresher.  It smells good outside.  The skies are clear over the foothills and everything seems brighter.  Things seem better.  I am grateful for these changes and that life is very good right now.  I hope you all are healthy and doing well.

We cleaned up our flowerbeds and raked the yard

Sunday was the second day of my very productive weekend as I moved outside and enjoyed a warm and sunny day working in our yard.  We spring cleaned our yard and then I used items I already had on hand to complete a small project involving our hose area.  Both of the girls worked full shifts that evening so I had most of the day to myself.  My youngest helped me outside for a while before she had to get ready for work.  It was a very good day.

We love this new area and no longer stepping in mud

Monday evening after I got home from work I spent about an hour working in the yard and enjoying another sunny warm spring day.  Our fruit trees are in bloom right now and they look very pretty.  I raked up and moved the last of the dirt I'd dug up on Friday and cleaned out another flower bed.  That pile of debris will go to the chickens.  They will have a lot of fun with it.


Tuesday evening after I got home from work the youngest and I headed outside to de-thatch the lawn and do a final cleanup.  We set up our hoses and sprinklers so they are ready to go now.  Our neighbor lent us his spreader so the girl and I could get the lawn re-seeded.  We are feeling pretty good about our progress so far.

Our bleeding heart is beginning to bloom

Wednesday and Thursday we got some much appreciated rain to soak the ground and get our grass seed started.  Friday was warmer and drier while Saturday was overcast and we got a few sprinkles.  All in all we had some lovely spring weather last week and no need to run the heat.  If any of us got chilly we just put on warm socks or a sweater.  The average temperature in our home as been about 68° and when it was warm and sunny out I opened doors and windows letting in as much fresh air as possible.


Saturday I puttered around the house doing a load of laundry and working on my prepper pantry some more.  The girls and I started a new exercise routine together and we are enjoying it.  My youngest is leading us and putting us through our paces.


Prepper Pantry = 3 packages of quick cook oatmeal (4 cups each), 2 packages homemade cinnamon raisin granola (4 cups each), 3 packages of raisins (1 cup each), 1 package dried cranberries (1 cup), 1 pint pancake syrup, 5 packages potato flakes (10 servings each), 5 packages of flavored mashed potatoes, 2 packages of pinto beans (2 cups each), 1 package of black beans (2 cups), 1 package of split peas (2 cups).

Breakfast hash

Some of the 15 Minute Chores I accomplished to keep my home in order:

Laundry Room & Half Bathroom - vacuumed & mopped floors.  Daily swish & swipe.

Dining Room - vacuumed & mopped  floor.

Kitchen -  vacuumed & mopped floor, cleaned microwave, scrubbed sink.

Bedrooms & Main Bathroom - vacuumed & dusted.  Scrubbed tub.  Daily swish & swipe.

Other - two large loads of laundry, vacuumed & dusted living room, hallway & entry, mopped both entry ways,.  Swept front porch.

How was your thrifty week?


2 comments:

  1. I got inspiration from your hose area. I am going to do a sloppier, smaller version of that, but I will have to buy the bricks. All my bricks were taken to the dump! I hate to slop around in wet grass while using hose, turning it off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That will be nice for you. I am really enjoying our hose area now. No more muck.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...